Former Giants 2nd-Round Pick LB Clint Sintim Retires

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, May 6, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Linebacker Clint Sintim was selected by the Giants in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and there were high hopes for him coming out of the University of Virginia. At one point, SB Nation wrote, “At 6-foot-3, 254 pounds Sintim possesses the size and speed to -- possibly -- become the playmaking outside linebacker the Giants have been looking for.â€￾

Instead, Sintim was afflicted with knee injuries, and nine months after the Giants cut him following a failed physical, Sintim took to his Facebook page to announce his retirement.

Writes Sintim:

I never actually announced it but I am officially retired from the game of football. I want to thank everyone who supported me throughout my movement but it was honestly time for me to walk away from the game. Ambition should not be limited to a sport and in my case it is not. "Continue to chase your dreams with the awareness of obstacles....You may not always be able to dictate your path.....but your response to change is always mental!!"---------------->@ClintSintim52

From 2009-10, Sintim played a total of 24 games with one start, finishing his career with 33 tackles and one sack, because of those knee injuries, Sintim hasn't played since Dec. 5, 2010. He suffered his first torn ACL in December of that year and then tore it again (along with his patellar tendon) in the final 2011 preseason game.

Source: CBSSports.com

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  2. Harryaxel

Harryaxel Rookie

Get in get paid get out I like your style.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Im not sure that I trust the Source this material is credited to. His father Connie was a stand up guy, as well as his Trusty uncle, but this one...well we'll just see.