Freshman RB Mike Blakely Chooses To Leave Florida

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Talk' started by themush, May 10, 2011.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT GIF OG

The Florida Gators have lost their fourth player under new coach Will Muschamp. Freshman running back Mike Blakely, who enrolled in January, will leave the program and transfer to another school. Blakely, from Manatee HS in Bradenton, will have to sit out the 2011 season in order to move. “Mike has come to the conclusion that the University of Florida is not where he wants to play football,†Muschamp said in a statement on the school’s website. “We wish him the best of luck.†Blakely’s next destination is unknown at this time. “Everyone at Florida has been very supportive of me in my time here and I’m thankful for the experience that I had, but I’ve made a decision to continue my college football career somewhere else,’’ he said in a statement. Prior to Blakely’s departure, the Gators announced receivers Chris Dunkley, from Royal Palm Beach, and Javares McRoy intended to transfer.

Source The Palm Beach Post

2. themush

These kids were recruited for a spread offense by Urban Meyer and now they are seeing Mushchamp isn't going to be employing that type of system. I personally don't think they should have to sacrifice a year. I understand these kids had plenty of time to talk to and form a decision of the offense so maybe they should have made the choice earlier. I just don't see the harm.

3. rumor is he is going to JC and then Auburn (No I'm not kidding)

4. themush

Hmm, he's not a typical Tiger back, size wise. More power to him.

5. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I agree, they shouldn't have to sit out a year. Not their fault the offense is changing and their role would be little to nothing in the new offense implemented.

6. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

He should try to get on at Oregon. He's perfect fit for that system.

Wherever he goes, he needs to go to that school now so he can redshirt, sit a year and learn the system.