Gareths Bale’s Transfer From Tottenham To Real Madrid Might Be Illegal

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Omen, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

A chain of events has aroused suspicion that Real Madrid’s world record £85.3m purchase of Tottenham Hotspur’s Gareth Bale is in fact illegal, reports Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet, Belgian EU politician Jan Eppink wants the organisation to investigate the transfer, as Madrid currently have debts of around £505m.

The club is funded by Spanish national bank Bankia, which during the economic crisis in Europe that greatly affected Spain was bailed out by the EU to the tune of £15.2b.

This money was given to help stabilise Bankia and not to fund Los Blancos’ drive to reinstate their “galaticos†philosophy of the early 2000s.

Eppink has served a complaint to the EU’s competition commissioner Joaquin Almunia – someone who is extremely aware of such acts in Spanish football, as investigations are currently ongoing in other cases of dubious goings on by La Liga clubs.

Madrid are among a quartet of sides already being scrutinised by Almunia, along with rivals Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao and Osasuna.

Source: Fanatix

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Any time I hear Gareth I think of:

you know the phrase softly, softly, catchie monkey? I could catch a monkey. If I was starving, I could. I'd make poisoned darts out of the poison of frogs 'o deadly frogs.