Giants DE Justin Tuck Admits He Didn’t Work As Hard As He Should Have Last Year

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by SRW, Jul 20, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Despite his team winning the Super Bowl last year, New York Giants defensive leader Justin Tuck said he didn’t give last season his all. In an interview with ESPN’s E:60, the defensive end said he was distracted at the start of the season and did not give 100 percent. “I definitely didn’t work as hard as I should’ve last year,†Tuck said. “The lockout was going on. I took a trip to Africa. There were some things I did in the past that I didn’t do last summer.†The 6-foot-5, 270-pound Tuck had several injuries last season, including a shoulder injury that required surgery. He sat out four contests and had only five sacks, the least in his four seasons as a full-time starter at defensive end. “I wanted to be out there,†Tuck said. “But I’d go two or three games and just get a half sack. I started to wonder why I was playing when there were other people who could do a better job. There’s a difference between playing hurt and playing injured.â€

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Maybe he should give back the part of his paycheck he didn't work so hard for...