Giants DE Justin Tuck Says He Has 'Six, Seven Years' Left In The Tank

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by SRW, Dec 31, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Justin Tuck admitted to considering retirement during the 2011 season as he battled through personal turmoil and a series of injuries before he and his teammates turned it on down the stretch.

But he isn't thinking about it now, not even after his worst statistical season since 2006.

"Ask me that question in six, seven years," the 29-year-old Tuck said. "That’s just to let you know how much I think I still have in the tank."

This season, Tuck recorded just four sacks, including one against the Eagles in Sunday's season finale, and has only nine over the last two regular seasons. But unlike last season, he didn't attribute the dropoff to injuries -- he didn't face a significant injury until the end of the season when a shoulder ailment forced him to miss the Giants' Week 16 loss to the Ravens.

"I’m never the type of guy that lacks confidence in myself," Tuck, the team's defensive captain said. "I’ll be the first to tell you that my performance this year was nowhere near what I envisioned for myself after coming into training camp. And for whatever reason that was it didn’t happen for me this year. You still go out there and try your best to help this football team win games, but I am disappointed in my play this year."

Source: Newark Star Ledger