Giants QB Eli Manning Aiming For Huge Payday

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Jun 19, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The same can be said about almost any football team...

Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ward had 100 against them in the December game (I believe that was the game that Jacobs was running for over 5 yards a carry and got hurt?) and I think the Giants torched the Eagles for 200 in the first meeting. The point with the Giants run game is that any back they put behind that line ran fairly well on the season. I see the Giants doing significantly worse with David Carr, Andre Woodson or Rhett Bolmar...the drop off is too significant to over come...imo.

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Yes but this is comparing him to elite QBs in the league. You could put alot of QBs in elis shoes that arent called elite QBs and the giants will still be just as succsesfull because of the line and running game.

3. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

The GMen would be crazy to pay this guy that much money...the highest paid player in the league, cmon there are so many QB's I'd rather have on my team

Brady
    Peyton Manning
    McNabb
    Phillip Rivers
    Kurt Warner
    Drew Brees

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm only saying he's the most important player on the Giants Offense. He deserves no where near the money that the top players in the league get. In my opinion, he should be paid less than whatever Big Ben's making but more than Philip Rivers...

Forgot one...:ANYWORD:

:wink:

5. ball in the baskett

big ben,romo,palmer,cutler,rodgers i would also take over eli.

6. ball in the baskett

Hes not better than philip rivers not even close.

7. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I agree completeley with the Big Ben end of the statement, but the only reason I may throw him a bone on being paid more than Rivers is because of his Super Bowl win, but IMO Rivers is a much better QB.

8. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Why pay him trillions, when he can get paid... BILLIONS???

[​IMG]

And you have the guts to call ME a hater. LOL.

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i hope they make him the highest paid in the league, it wont make him among the best but it would be funny

10. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Deservin' ain't got a damn thing to do with it. He's agents will push the limits of what the market will bare.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Actually, their numbers aren't that far off from each other (Rivers arguably has had equal, if not better weapons on offense) and Eli's got a Super Bowl...whether you like it or not, it carries weight. Rivers doesn't have that...Manning's agent could easily make a case to get more money than Rivers.

QFT.

12. ball in the baskett

Maybe the superbowl could get him more money but not top elite money. Alteast i dont think he actually deserves it.

13. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes a franchise QB, and in a big market like NY thats a big deal, hes solid, yet sporatic, talented, yet unspectacular. he will recieve a ridicluos amount of money for 1)the superbowl, 2)the superbowl for a city as big as NY, 3)where he was taken in the draft and his lucrative (at the time) rookie deal, and 4) his last name

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree...he shouldn't be paid tops in the league...but he should get a nice chunk of change.

15. ball in the baskett

If he does it certainly wont help the eagles in 2 years with mcnabb.