Giants QB Eli Manning Considers Himself In Same Class As Patriots QB Tom Brady

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 17, 2011.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The sad thing is you felt the need to defend Eli with all of those points.

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Argument could be made that Joe Montana wouldn't have been the best quarterback to ever play the game if he wasn't in San Fran. And well we could do this for any player at any position on any team in any given year.

This could get fun.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

First off I don't think anyone is saying the Eli Manning isn't a good quarterback. Well minus the comparison to Tavaris Jackson. But honestly what QB isn't made by their system? Peyton is a smart, smart man but if we put him in Cincinnati or Oakland instead of Indy, is he the greatest QB ever? He's had an AMAZING O-Line most of his career, he's had 2 of the best WR's in the game to throw to, one of the top 5 Tight Ends in football and has always had a stud in the back field. To be fair, Tom hasn't had all that and how many rings does he have? I don't want to say Eli will never be "elite" even though my gut feeling says he won't but he's a quality QB. As I said, confidence is good but reality is even better. Win a few MVPs, be named one of the top 25 players of all time and win a few more Super Bowls and then you can call yourself elite.

4. Saying Eli was more like Jackson was ignorant and asinine......

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

It wasn't ignorant and asinine. It was straight up dumb! Let's be honest here! :)

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Eli isn't a good QB.

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

1. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams...

2. Without the insane play of the Giants front four beating the piss out of the Patriots all-world O-Line, Eli...

3....Wouldn't have even been close to even being needed for a fourth quarter comeback because they probably would have given up more points than that Giants O was capable of putting up. Plus he had some serious luck with the Tyree play.

4. Vince Young has two pro bowls, would that make him twice the player Eli is? I may dislike Eli, but he's certainly better than Young despite that stat.

5. I think most QB's would put up 4,000 with that offense in 2009, and 2010 those 4,000 yards came with 25 INT's.

You look through those stats and I only see one season that could be considered above average (2009), and the other alarming stat is that in seven seasons is that only two has he thrown below one interception per game (10 in 2008 and 14 in 2009), and in two seasons also throwing around 1.5 picks a game (20 in 2007, 25 in 2010).

Infact, he resembles his dad's stats, and ironically someone who has also become overrated based on their son's/brother's accomplishments.

I chose the Tavaris Jackson comparison because he's the opposite of Tom Brady, he's crap. Tom Brady is great, Peyton Manning is great. Eli Manning is at best average, and average is closer to crap than great.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Well not as good as McNabb.:icon_lol:

Eli is a very good QB, but he has this issue with having to do too much. If you ask the world of him he doesn't do that well.

9. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Fixed that for ya :) I had to change the name to david tyree..it was bothering me.

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Appreciate it. Trying to do too much over here. The brain isn't quite the same speed as it used to be!

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I agree. Which is why you didn't need to bother with all of those points.

12. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Eli is a decent quarterback. I don't know that I'd even call him "good". I haven't seen him consistently be good. In 2009, that team was supposed to be the beast of the NFC. The first time they played a team that was worth a damn (the Saints), they got embarassed. Eli got embarassed, and by a defense that IMO wasn't even that great. I'm sorry. Saying he's anywhere close to Tom Brady -- REGARDLESS of any system, is just stupid. Eli will never be what Peyton is, and he won't ever be what Tom Brady was molded into. System or not, I doubt Eli would have the same success as Brady would in NE. Granted, we will never know, so all we are left with is "what if". ...What if Peyton Manning went to Buffalo? I'm sure they'd not be where they are today. Peyton is a great QB. He was a great QB coming out of college. I honestly..don't know if many will get to the level Peyton is on. There are a couple other QBs in the league right now that I think have a chance, and that i think will honestly be better than Brady.

One name that comes to me, and I know will be called homerrism, but .. it's Drew Brees. Look what that guy went through. He was good in San Diego. Made mistakes, yes. Every young QB does. He had his throwing shoulder tore apart. No one wanted to take a chance on him but one team - the one team that was left in shambles..and consistently bottom dwellers in the NFL. He took less talent than what Brady had...and made something of it in 2006. They have consistently been on the rise, and a lot of it has everything to do with Drew Brees.

Matt Ryan is another name that comes to mind. That kid is good. Scary good, at times. He's young, but I think if he continues to mature, then he will easily be mentioned among the top 3 or 4 QBs in a couple of years. He's got talent all around him in Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez.

Saying Eli Manning is better than either one of those two..is laughable to me, so saying he's anywhere close to Brady? Yeah..right.

13. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Pretty sure Miami wanted him too if I remember correct. Just sayin'.

14. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

He's a Top 10 QB not Top 5

15. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Personally I think this wasn't that smart of him to say because obviously Brady is much much better then him. But I think this is just a way too boos his confidence going into the season

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Eli (w/ the Giants) vs. Brady (w/ the Patriots) - The closest he comes is being the brother of a guy in the same class as Brady. However, Brady as a prospect, wasn't near, or even a thought of the player he has become in the Patriots system. He was considered too skinny, too slow, too weak, too immobile and was actually considered a system guy. There's a reason so many teams passed on him so many times. So could Eli be in the same class as Brady if Eli were in the Patriots system. No one will ever know...

Look bottom line:

[​IMG]

Class: GAY

[​IMG]

Class: GAY

RESULT: They are in the same clbutt.

17. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Isn't he already married?

Google the name Abby McGrew.

18. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

This is overdoing it.

So is this.

19. I was a little ticked off when he said that.........

20. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

plaxico burress and david tyree saved eli's butt in the superbowl. im sure any QB but alex smith could throw that ball to burress and he would come down with it for the win:icon_smile: