Giants Vs 49ers (NFC Championship Gameday Thread)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 15, 2012.

?

Who will win the NFC Championship?

1. San Francisco 49ers

60.9%
  2. New York Giants

39.1%
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The 49ers(14-3) host the New York Giants (11-7) at Candlestick Park on Sunday 01/22/2012

Kickoff time is 6:30 pm EST (FOX)

Discuss….​

2. One away from going back to the Super Bowl!

Mike Garafolo: Twitter.com

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Where is the "I'm so disappointed right now, I don'f freaking care" option?

4. The rivalry renewed:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buGkq9wEU2A]1990 NFC Championship 49ers v. Giants - YouTube[/ame]

[​IMG]

5. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

The Sleeping Giants have awoken.

Eli, what can you say.....dude cemented that he can beat anyone and is elite.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Eli Manning has been lights out this postseason.

Giants win a close game.

7. The opening line for the game is SF is a 2.5 point favorite because their the home team. Which means, the game is basically a pick'em.

8. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

This game is going to be body bag game. A nod back to the Ol Days of LT, Leonard marshall. Sup..............Montana eating turf

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

these teams have had some epic playoff match-ups through the years ............ hopefully this one is the same ...........

as far as this year's version, i predicted the giants to get to this game before the playoffs started but i had them matching up with the saints.

i don't really know what to expect from the niners next week. after that emotional game yesterday, do they have a let-down or does it help propel them to the super bowl?

i think the giants are going to remain hot and playing at a high level but the niners are the unknown to me. If they play with the same never-say-die attitude they played with yesterday, I would have to give them the nod. I'm just not sure about following up after that game yesterday.

10. Forth consecutive decade these two great franchises will meet in the postseason.............this is going to be another great game at Candlestick.

11. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

This Giants team is not the same team that lost to the 9ers a couple of months ago, that is for sure. Giants were missing a lot of key players that day.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im thinking the 49ers (as they were my pick) because they are the best in the NFL at creating and limiting turnovers

But the big if is "if" the 49ers can protect Alex Smith. Dominate pass rush is the great equilizer in the NFL, and thats the Giants bread and butter

13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I am freaking hoping so much that the 9ers win this game. But the Giants are on a roll.

14. Thats why............:icon_cheesygrin:

15. I'm so stoked about this game, lets not wait until Sunday!

I was about 7 years old when the Giants last played the 49ers in the NFC Title Game.

Sweets memories.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  16. Good news............

In Reese We Trust: Twitter.com

17. bossco

bossco Rookie

This will be a great game. SF Db's vs NY WR is the key to the game.

Droid x. 49ers

18. Jihad Joe

I think the key is in the trench's. The 49ers are a pound it out, protect the QB and not turn it over type team (who'd of thought one of THOSE teams would be playing in the NFCCG)

For the Giants to win, I believe they have to be able to pin there ears back and attack Smith. It will be a lot harder to do if they are seeing 2nd and 3rd/shorts

19. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Alex smith is going to have to throw it with 7 guys dropping back in coverage. The Giants will get their pressure with their front 4. IF Aaron Rodgers couldn't do it tonight, I'm almost certain Alex Smith isn't going to do it.

That being said, the Giants when they are in the red zone need to walk away with 7. IF the Giants can go up early, it's going to be a long day for the 49ers. They are not a big play team. They throw off play action and the Giants defense will just eat up the run. People shouldn't even conjure up the game from a couple of months ago, this is not the same Giants team. Somehow, after that loss to Washington in week 14, flipped a switch in them and are playing on another level defensively. They are looking like the Giants team from 2008 that just beasted teams offensively and defensively until Plax shot himself in the leg.

I'm not taking the the 49ers lightly either. They have the players to limit the Giants big play ability. I'll reserve my pick until the end of the week.

20. Jihad Joe

But one thing the 49ers will do that the Packers wont is pound the ball and play for short yardage. On a 2nd or 3rd and 3 with Frank Gore, those four cant pjn there ears back and completely attack Smith, you have to contain Gore as well