Giants Vs 49ers (NFC Championship Gameday Thread)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 15, 2012.

?

Who will win the NFC Championship?

1. San Francisco 49ers

60.9%
  2. New York Giants

39.1%
  1. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

We can blame Kyle Williams, but really 3rd down conversions killed SF. The defense played fantastically, but the offense couldn't do anything. They had plenty of chances to win the game.

2. Exactly.............

3. Word.

That nonsense has to stop..............

4. Smith threw for 84 yards total to anyone other than Vernon Davis.............Frank Gore actually led the 49ers in receptions with 6.

5. Lets not forget about Victor Cruz.........he had an amazing performance with 10 catches for 142 yards. Carlos Rodgers could not cover him.

Eli as usual came up big when it mattered despite heavy rain and taking a lot of hits from the 49ers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
  6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

For someone who was sacked 6 times and hit 20 times in this game, Eli Manning could have easily gotten rattled.

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Above average is a step too far. Vernon Davis has had a wonderful post season but aside from that, this offence has been below average all season.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can only imagine what the duo of Hernandez and Gronk will do after seeing Davis' day...

:drool: and :drool:

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

My post proves jack crap dude...your remark
    was or came across as condescending and I merely reminded you that even without the 3rd downs the Giants barely won and in OT no less and you guys with the so called great offensive weapons and all.

10. I've seen worse............but not punching it the endzone when you get down to the redzone will eventually cost you.

11. Again, the 49ers benefited from a stellar defense. If their defense was just as mediocre then their offense, the Giants would've ate them alive.

Eli did manage to throw for over 300 yards with 2 TD's and Cruz owned Carlos Rodgers despite the terrible conditions.

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

[​IMG]

For those guys making fun of the faces Eli made. I can't remember what thread it was in. [MENTION=1753]Jihad Joe[/MENTION]

13. No guts............no glory. :icon_cool:

14. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm not saying he doesn't have guts. But he is one ugly, goofy looking dude.

15. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

niner's WRs targeted 9 times and get 1 catch:icon_frown:

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agreed. He looks dumb, which is why so many people don't like him, IMO.

17. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Crabtree a bust your top ten pick two years ago don't produce these numbers in big games 1 catch for 3 yards.

18. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

how many 3 and outs did the 49ers have to end the game? 5. Last time I checked, there isn't a barely won column.

19. Anyone realize that in the two conference title games Jim Harbaugh appeared in came down to the last play?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5hxVk9XdUE]1995 AFC Championship Ending - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lDrOBtO_PM]NY Giants Tynes Hits Field Goal 2012 NFC Champions - YouTube[/ame]

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Of course there's no barely won column, but your team barely won IN OT no less and with all those fabulous weapons you speak of...I never said your team isn't talented however with the crapty offense we have and the so called great offense you have YOU BARELY WON...enjoy your win...