GIF $ League Voting - Expansion Edition

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Walnuts, Jul 8, 2013.

?

number of teams?

1. 12

35.7%
  2. 14

64.3%
  1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea I think I was 11 and mush was 12. Not sure who the next two are.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yes on both counts, Steve got officially made, the other two are prospects but their votes mean nothing at this point. Official vote count is 5-4 at the moment in favor of 14 (pretty sure Omens going with 14, so likely 6-4, with [MENTION=1128]Inclulbus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1905]LL Cool Bolt[/MENTION] yet to vote.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

[MENTION=777]Walnuts[/MENTION]

I adjusted the Poll numbers subtracting the two. If omen votes, I'll add his back in...just let me know and I'll bump it up to 6-4. Right now it should be accurate at 5-4...correct?

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Correct sir.

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I voted for expansion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Curious as to how many people have actually played in a 14 team league? i have and it sucks. Just sayin'.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Same here and I came in second place.

I'd rather only pay $20 if we are going 14 teams...

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i love 14 teams...by far the best format.

Also, 8 teams make the playoffs and theres no bye weeks, i like that

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ive played 14 and 16 - 16 definitely did suck, but 14 was fine, I liked it. I wouldnt have voted for it otherwise. It doesn't water down the talent pool so drastically that you're starting backups and praying (like a 16er can), but you aren't going to be able to just draft and coast through the season either. You're gonna have to do some work to stay competitive and have a chance at the dough, which is how it should be, IMO. No free money.

10. K Train

i feel like 12 you can get a stacked team and hoard players much more than 14...14 you have to be active in waivers, and starting a #3 wr can be challeging.

for instance last year we drafted early in my 14 person league...i took calvin 1, trent 2, and peterson 3 because he was such a questionmark...i ended up winning the league but i was ROUGH at TE all year, but gems like rudolph came through for me at the end.

My #3 WRs included sanu, mike williams, josh gordon, andrew hawkins...ect

All were productive but it definitely adds something to the strategy. I dont think it waters the league down as much as it prevent 1-2 STACKED teams that can hoard stars on their bench.

12 isnt terrible, 14 is better, 16 is rough, but 10 is te worst

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I don't think i'm going to have the time (or knowledge) to keep up to you guys lol.

12. K Train

[MENTION=1128]Inclulbus[/MENTION] VOTE lol...youre the potential swing

13. K Train

I think we should lose a bench spot or 2 as well

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yep, was planning on it.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION], can you get in touch with Inclulbus? I seem to remember you doing that last season or something. We need to get this done ASAPish, just waiting on him.

16. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

he said 14

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Alright, that's the final vote, which tips it in the favor of 14, so we will be expanding. The first two in line are [MENTION=1604]TheDuke[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1656]SeanTaylor21[/MENTION], with [MENTION=4302]JEMicklos[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4046]ICECOLD[/MENTION] on deck if they flake or don't want it. [MENTION=1604]TheDuke[/MENTION] hasn't been around in what seems like forever though, and we need to get moving and get the $$ vote done still, so I'm thinking give the first two a week to join, and then call in the reserves.

18. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Thanks for giving me another shot guys.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No problem, man. Just don't make us regret it.