Golden Nuggets: 49ers Relatively Healthy on This Quiet Day

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by LebaneseFF, Dec 26, 2013.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

[​IMG]
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 edition of the Golden Nuggets, a daily compilation of 49ers links from around the web.

Today is Boxing Day in Australia, as well as in Great Britain, Canada and other British influenced regions. And with all the science and modern technology, nobody knows what it means. It's nice to have the day after Christmas off from work and all, but it does come at the expense of a 3-day weekend at some later point in the year. All they do hear is play cricket and have a yacht race….and all you poor American saps will be working away. OK, neither cricket, yachts nor work sound like much fun. Why do I discuss these things…because there is no news. Nothing happens on Christmas Day except for a few basketball games between some really good teams and a New York team (one of my big peeves about NBA coverage).

Links...

Cam Inman has the headline of the day… No serious injuries entering regular-season finale … Sure, Bruce Miller is gone for the year and Mario Manningham is uncertain, but at a time when Von Miller is rupturing tendons and Tony Romo is herniating discs, things could be much worse.

Christian Gin has some notes from the Falcons game. Eric Reid surrendered his first touchdown of the year. Tramaine Brock played great, while Carlos Rogers may be sealing the deal on his exit from town with yet another poor performance. Fullbacks were featured on only 1/3 of the snaps, a trend I like. | 49ers vs. Falcons Film review: Brock was important on defense (Gin)

Another Inman link poses a very interesting question. Defensive POY and NaVorro Bowman…what do you think? I think Robert Quinn deserves it myself, especially once he safeties Russell Wilson as one of his four sacks, allowing the 49ers to seize the NFC West title. | Sizing up where Bowman fits in the NFL Defensive Player of Year race (Inman)

So far, so good, with the fullback by committee approach. | Fallback plan at fullback has smashing debut (Branch)

Scoreboard watching will not influence 49ers' plan (Maiocco)

Must happen/can't happen against Cardinals (ESPN)

Follow @GafflezMalone

Source: Continue reading...