Golden Nuggets: No Jive, Jim Stays!

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by LebaneseFF, Dec 21, 2013.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

[​IMG]
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 edition of the Golden Nuggets, a daily compilation of San Francisco 49ers links from around the Internet.

Earlier this week, many of us had a mini-scare because of twin rumors floated about that 1) Jim Harbaugh was a candidate for the University of Texas job and that 2) he and General Manager Trent Baalke were having issues. Now that the key people have spoken, it looks like we have another case of the media jive-turkey-gobbling again. First to shoot down the turkey of Harbaugh's possible early departure was 49ers CEO and owner Jed York:

"You can't really ask for a much better job than what he's done over the last two and a half seasons. Now's not the right time to get into a deep contract discussion. But he knows we want him here long term, and we'll sit down at the end of the season, we'll assess like we always do, and I definitely anticipate Jim being here for a long period of time."

Then Coach Harbaugh himself dismissed the rumor in such a way that only he can do:

"In Judge Judy's court, hearsay is not admissible evidence. I think we can all agree that an unnamed source is hearsay. ... In the court of public opinion, why would you give any of that credibility?"

And finally Trent Baalke went up to bat and drove the point home:

"That’s all overblown. It’s no different than it’s been since Day 1. I think every relationship changes to a certain degree. But it’s very professional. He’s got a job to do. I’ve got a job to do. We try to do that together and we do it well together.

"It’s not just the two of us. There’s so many people that are involved in decisions and everything else that goes on here. So many people that have been involved in the success of this organization over time. So I think people like to focus on (potential tension with Harbaugh), but in my opinion it’s way overblown."

And that is how you tear down a rumor, folks: All parts of the leadership trinity speaking with one voice.

Baalke on he and Harbaugh: ‘That's all overblown. It's no different than it's been since Day 1′ (Inman)

49ers vs Falcons

Focusing on Aldon Smith, Adam Snyder and Vernon Davis. | 3TFO: Falcons @ 49ers, Week 16 (PFF)

Niners Motivated for Candlestick Finale vs. Falcons (NBC)

Another Banner Year for Davis (Scout)

San Francisco 49ers Need a Dominant Win Over Atlanta to Continue Hot Streak (Yahoo)

Gonzalez eager to shine in final NFL road game (Yahoo)

Fare thee well, Candlestick

The Top 10 Moments in Candlestick History (49ers)

Candlestick Park may be a dump, but it's a charming dump (BASG)

New stadium will be a breeze for kickers and punters, too (Maiocco)

Fangio and Roman don't know it, but the team's fitness trainers are playing games with them. | The halftime hustle: Coaches won't miss trek to Candlestick locker room (Barrows)

This link is worth it just to ridicule Chris 'Boom-boom' Berman's ridiculous look. | Preparing to say goodbye to Candlestick (ESPN)

The only reason I'm including this link is to loose the Candlestick attack dogs on Mike Florio. Sick 'im! | Candlestick farewell could get raucous (PFT)

Team Notes

A quick rundown of the upcoming Bowl schedule and a chance to see potential 49ers future draft picks. | 'Tis the season ... to scout future 49er wideouts (Barrows)

Frank Gore feels good and that's good enough for me. | Gore: 'It's all about timing' (Maiocco)

Gore feels 49ers are in perfect position for a postseason run (Gin)

No one is looking for Mario because Luigi is back. | Where's Mario? WR has disappeared since Crabtree's return (Branch)

If Jonathan Goodwin wants to retire, then send him out with an award and a Superbowl ring. | 49ers' Jonathan Goodwin contemplates retirement (Inman)

---

Follow @joelvreyes

Source: Continue reading...