Grade My Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by 86WARD, Aug 25, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

View attachment 59003

Had a draft on Saturday Night. (5th pick.) 12 Team League. Pretty much standard scoring. Get a few bonus points for distance, 300 yards passing, 100 rushing/receiving, 10 receptions.

Not thrilled with the team, but has some potential. The draft didn't unfold the way I had hoped.

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

2 QB league? I hope... did you know you have access to our cheat sheets?

Im guessing you went RB QB WR WR

Really need Pierce or Sankey, whom Im now calling Sanking - to pan out

She has hope, but those RB need to work some magic... do you have waiver wires during the season or?

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I pretty much used the best available player on the cheat sheets. Newton I took in the 5th or 6th Round. He was the fourth ranked QB on the cheat sheet and had the best value at the time. I had 5th overall and Calvin went third. I went Forte - Rodgers - Allen - Sankey - Cruz. There was a run on WR after my pick until the 13th pick and then a run on remaining RBs back down to me. Rodgers had the best value at that time (I normally wait on QBs.)

This league I am able to start three WR and one RB AND we were able to keep a player from year to year if you wanted so there were about 5-6 key players off the board already...

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Here are the "top" players that are not a QB on our waiver wire. We are allowed one pick up before the season starts.

View attachment 59004

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Any Cards WR's or C. Palmer on the wire? Not homering, but if Palmer or Floyd/Ginn, Jr. are available they might be worth consideration. With the Cards' defense decimated the offense will be utilized much like the Warner days.

6. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I'm debating to myself if Sankey is worth dropping for Ingram. Ingram has looked really good this year so far and he's going to be the goal line guy. That's my move at RB. I'm not as low an Sankey as Kurt is only because Greene is THAT bad.

I'm not a Shorts fan at all. Bad offense and injury prone. Lee has more upside, but both will struggle with consistency. That's my move at WR. Baldwin is stuck on a team that doesn't spread the ball around enough for any value IMO.

7. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

You could call him Stanky

8. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I am high on Mark Ingram on your waiver wire. This might be the year

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Who would you dump? West?

10. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

man I am not sure. West seems like the guy to dump but someone else will jump on him.

You need to find a way to package Cam Newton and West for One player.! then pick up Ingram,. .That is what I would try to do.

11. Greg Brosh

Since you have 2 QB1s, I would try to do that to. If not, I think Ingram is the safer option between he and Sankey.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm assuming that "Mark Ingram" is a Middle Eastern euphemism for "crack cocaine" in this regard.

SNPokc and LebaneseFF like this.
  13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think it's only a matter of time before Sankey is toting the ball the majority of the time in Tennessee. I like Ingram as well, but there is a ton of upside/potential payoff with West and Sankey...more so than Ingram with Thomas there IMO. But if Ingram could get going and keep Thomas off the field, it would be nice. I'd rather dump West than Sankey.

As for Shorts, I wasn't that high on him either, but I need WR depth and he was the highest rated WR on the cheat sheet at the time.

Marvin Jones, Greg Jennings, Brian Hartline and James Jones where below him. Lee and Baldwin were way down the list.

Sankey was a top-20 back according to the sheets...above Joique Bell, Reggie Bush, ray Rice, frank Gore, Jennings...

14. Greg Brosh

west could be a good drop for now since tate has been playing so well. i know the browns do want to give west touches, but i don't know how much. sankey is in prime form to take more touches sooner.

i can agree with you on west, though ingram's cause isn't help by 2 other backs looking for touches.

15. SNPokc

Tate will be hurt and it will end up being West's job to lose.

86WARD likes this.
  16. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's my thought (and hope.)

17. Greg Brosh

That's what it comes down to. You can either drop West now, or sit on him in the hopes he gains the job sooner rather than later.

BTW, 14 total roster spots? damn that's small. You'll be able to build a new team every week on the wire alone.

18. SNPokc

the auction league is 13 haha

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree. I proposed increasing by two but they didn't want to because it eats up the waiver wire...again...takes emphasis away from the draft.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

However...this season, I may need that waiver wire...lol