Greetings From A Wisco Fan In Ohio

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by Badger, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Badger

Badger Rookie

Hello all, quick introduction here: 32 year old Wisconsin fan who grew up about 30 miles south of Madison and is currently living in Columbus, OH.
    Im a big Packer fan, Badger football fan, causal Badger basketball and Brewers fan and a HUGE Badger hockey fan. As for the Bucks, I try to follow them and get into them in years when they are decent but those years dont come along very often.
    As you can imagine, living in Columbus and not being a Buckeye fan can be a bit rough at times but Columbus is a great little town despite how annoying all the Buckeye love can be at times. I still have to laugh when some of my new Ohio friends know that Im from Wisconsin and yet are shocked when they learn that Im not a Buckeye fan. Apparently they think that you cant live in Columbus if you dont love the Buckeyes. LOL Sorry guys, the Buckeyes just arent that interesting.
    Honestly, theres a lot more Wisconsin fans here that I expected. Theres a local Packers fan club that I watch pretty much every game with and the bar is almost always packed for the games (30-50 people on average) and theres a local UW alumni group who gets together to watch games which invited me to attend their game watches but with my work schedule I havent been able to attend this season.
    Its great to have these things here in Columbus because a lot of my coworkers have made me feel like somewhat of an outsider due to our sports loyalties. As stupid as it is, they apparently think that I cant be their friend just because they love the Buckeyes and I love the Badgers. Its nice to have a chance to be with what you might call my own kind. (Badgers/Packers fans) Living in a new city can be difficult and its nice to be able to go somewhere and feel somewhat like Im back home.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W16qzZ7J5YQ]budweiser wassup - YouTube[/ame]

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Welcome. Wisconsin Sucks! :wink:

4. Badger

Badger Rookie

LOL...said like a true Steeler fan. :icon_cheesygrin:

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

That was the Penn State fan...the Steelers fan welcomed you...lol

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Welcome to GIF.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

[MENTION=4030]Badger[/MENTION] .. welcome to GIF, how did you find us and we're happy that you're already posting....

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

welcome [MENTION=4030]Badger[/MENTION] glade you joined

9. Badger

Badger Rookie

Wait, wait...whats Penn State's beef with Wisconsin??? I can understand the Steeler fan hating me because we supposedly, "stole" a Superbowl win from you a couple years back but why Penn State?
    I mean, youre going to hate me after Saturday when Ball shoves it down your throat and sets a new career TD record but thats for another day. :icon_wink:

10. Badger

Badger Rookie

I found you on a Google search. Im a member over at a great little hockey forum and was looking for a similar football forum, so I entered, "football forum" and this was one of the results that came up.
    So far Im very impressed.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...

I never heard anyone say the Packers stole a Super Bowl...maybe Mendenhall fumbled a potential go ahead drive, but IMO, the Packers won that game without having to "steal" it.

12. Badger

Badger Rookie

Every Steeler fan Ive ever met is still sore about that Superbowl, saying the Packers got lucky and that they stole that game from the Steelers.
    Granted, the number of fans Ive met represents a very, very small % of the Steelers fanbase.

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

welcome to the GIF world

we're glad to have you