Gregg Williams Releases Statement Regarding Bounty Program

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Mar 2, 2012.

1. bossco

bossco Rookie

Isn't there a system for good hits or performance in all stages of football. In high school we got skull decals on our helmets. for a great hit in college we got the university logos on our shoulder pads. Same thing different reward

Droid x. 49ers

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

In high school were you trying to cripple the other team? In high school we got stuff for clean tackles. But paying dudes to take out other players is ridiculous.

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

And the overreaction continues.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Where's the overreaction?

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Don't feed him. Lol.

6. bossco

bossco Rookie

I agree taking out players is ridiculous. but how many players have the saint's crippled in the last 3 yrs? The saint's or the redskins were not even considered a dirty team's under Williams.

Droid x. 49ers

7. Dragonite

I don't think they care enough to look that far into it. All they hear is "bounty" and they start blowing freaking gaskets like the world is ending.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think they could totally look into it if they so choose through video, injury reports and player interviews. It doesn't seem like the players involved want to keep it a secret...lol.

9. bossco

bossco Rookie

Lol very true. I wonder how much Lynch would of gotten for his run in the playoff game. Or SF vs no in this years playoff game. All I am saying is that it is obvious that N.O. did not play dirty they just awarded good plays on top of the bonus money they gave to players. Seems dumb but whatever its there money.

Droid x. 49ers

10. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

11. Dragonite

Of course everyone attacking me personally for "the same old bullcrap" are totally going to ignore this fact and not respond to the point. Look through the Saints history, how many injuries did they ACTUALLY cause? How many of those injuries were on dirty hits? I am pretty sure Jerome Harrison has been fined more for dirty hits than the entire Saints team.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Do you know the answers to those questions?

13. Dragonite

I know what the answer is not.

14. bossco

bossco Rookie

I don't believe the saints were a dirty team. And I am not attacking you personally I agree with most things you are saying

Droid x. 49ers

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

So why ask the questions if you have no idea what the answers are? :icon_scratch:

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He doesn't get that it isn't just with the Saints. Williams had a bounty everywhere. And Jerome Harrison is not a dirty player, he is a running back. You call others ignorant and can't name a correct player. Williams needs to get a severe punishment, if players make a bounty system that's one thing, but a coach doing so can't be allowed.

17. Dragonite

So I freaking typed the wrong freaking name, I'm sure YOU'VE NEVER MISTYPED ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE :icon_rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with Saints or not saints. As I said elsewhere I could give a heck less who or where it was, its not that freaking big a deal.

18. Dragonite

You realize Football in and of itself is just a monopolized Bounty program right? Players get paid millions to go out and beat the crap out of each other...

So add an extra 50 k on top and say it explicitly and now its all wrong? Alright, you guys say I will never understand but in truth its you who doesn't understand.

19. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Are you honestly being serious? You're saying players sign contracts just to go on the field and purposely injure each other? Honestly I just.... what?

[​IMG]

20. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Wonder is Williams does get suspended if he gets blacked balled and no body hires him anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk