GridironFans.com High Stakes Super Bowl Squares Game

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jan 29, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

GridironFans.com High Stakes Super Bowl Squares

The first Super Bowl Game on GridironFans.com filled up fast so why not have another one? This one is a high stakes game with a $1,000.00 per box fee and a (5) box per member limit. Check it out and get in on it. Gamers might like the Grand Prize, so check it out and good luck in advance!

Here’s how it works: A 10 x 10 grid (table) is set up. Players pay to "own" one or more boxes in the grid. All 100 boxes need to be sold. Once all boxes are sold, numbers zero through nine will be randomly picked and placed above each column and to the left of each row in the grid. Winners are determined based on the scores at the end of each quarter of the game. Take the right most single digit of each team’s score to determine which row and column to look in. For example, if the score was AFC team 20, NFC team 14, you would go down the column with the "0" above it, and across the row with the "4" to the left of it, to locate the winner for that score.

The Rules:
    1. The cost to enter will be $1,000 in vCash per box.
    2. Entry into the Super Bowl Box Pool is not confirmed and your box can not be claimed until payment is received. Payment can be made by donating vCash to SteveRobWhatever.
    3. Once your entry fee is received, you will be notified by PM and at that point you will be able to choose the box(es) you wish to purchase. Simply reply to the confirmation PM with the box number(s) you want to purchase. If you don't choose a square within 24 hours from the confirmation PM date, you will forfeit reserving your square.
    4. The numbers for the rows and columns will be randomly picked and assigned once all boxes have been claimed, hopefully no less than a week before the Super Bowl. The NFC team's score will be represented along the top (horizontally) and the AFC team's score down the left side (vertically)
    5. All boxes must be sold by Saturday, February 5th at midnight PST. If all 100 boxes can not be sold by then, the box pool becomes null and void, and all monies will be returned.
    6. Members will be limited to (5) squares maximum.

Prizes:
    Prizes will be awarded to the owners of the boxes matching the scores at the end of each quarter, and distributed as follows: $12,500 for the 1st and 3rd quarter scores, $25,000 for the half time score and $50,000 for the final score.
    Also the final score winner will also win (courtesy of GridironFans.com):

Their Choice (1) Of GameTrailer.com's Top 10 Anticipated Video Games Of 2011:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsJNpf4njzA"]YouTube - GT Countdown - Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2011[/ame]

So good luck to everyone who jumps in on this!​

Final Standings:

First Quarter Winner: CaptainStubing (14-0 Packers)
    Second Quarter Winner: PhilsEagles08 (21-10 Packers)
    Third Quarter Winner: DawkinsINT (21-17 Packers)
    Final Score Winner: Captain Stubing (31-25 Packers)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

You're going to give the winner $50,000 for wagering 1,000 vcash? I like that conversion rate!!

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

In. Donation sent.

4. Sent bra......:peace:

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Donation sent.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm in.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Come on people, use some of your Vcash and make more Vcash...

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

And win some crap!

9. UK 49er fan

UK 49er fan Rookie

Donation sent.....

10. UK 49er fan

UK 49er fan Rookie

Donation now sent properly,...Ooopps,...:icon_redface:,....

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Should we open up 5 more squares per person?

12. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Don't worry about it.. I did the same thing. To include the comma or not? I always forget.

13. We may have to open the floodgates and waive the limit pretty soon.

Tomorrow is Friday and there is still a plethora of squares left.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Donation sent....again.

15. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Just let me know I'm down to spend some more

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll get a couple more.

17. Word up....

18. SRW

I was going to lift the limit on five squares per member Friday at midnight. This is how it will work:

1. Members will send in donations one donation entry (1000.00 in vCash) at a time.
    2. Confirmations will be processed first come, first serve.
    3. Members who sent in their donations first will get their first choice of squares.
    4. Members who choose squares already chosen by a previous entrant will need to choose replacement squares. These will be processed first come, first serve.

19. SRW

Well, thanks first to BigBlueBruiser for finding a loophole. It's been corrected.

Donations sent before midnight will not be counted for the fire sale. Only donations sent at midnight and after will be eligible. All early donations will be returned.

20. Sorry......:icon_cheesygrin: