GridironFans.com Is Looking For NFL Blog Writers For Featured Weekly Columns!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jun 15, 2013.

1. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I'd rather be one of the people answering. Less creativity is needed that way. :icon_twisted:

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So anyone else feel the itch to contribute?

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Was [MENTION=1390]K Train[/MENTION] looking to do something?

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

[MENTION=802]Crowned[/MENTION] [MENTION=536]DawkinsINT[/MENTION] [MENTION=555]Omen[/MENTION] [MENTION=1656]SeanTaylor21[/MENTION] [MENTION=1821]Tarkus[/MENTION] [MENTION=2081]127[/MENTION] [MENTION=777]Walnuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=1647]ball in the baskett[/MENTION] [MENTION=1753]Jihad Joe[/MENTION] [MENTION=4032]Diesel44[/MENTION] [MENTION=4046]ICECOLD[/MENTION] [MENTION=4283]InsaneBoost[/MENTION] [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION] [MENTION=569]ollysj[/MENTION]

Surely you guys wanna get in on this right?

5. SRW

[MENTION=3619]ProScoutDan[/MENTION], [MENTION=3616]FantasyKnucklehead[/MENTION], [MENTION=3191]nachmany5[/MENTION], [MENTION=4135]buccaneersonnie[/MENTION], [MENTION=2175]CaptainStubing[/MENTION], [MENTION=4028]gjsportsblog[/MENTION], [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION], [MENTION=1146]BoltzRule[/MENTION], @ [MENTION=3089]steeljake75[/MENTION], [MENTION=4283]InsaneBoost[/MENTION], [MENTION=1614]Mr. D[/MENTION], [MENTION=627]WOODDRIVER[/MENTION], [MENTION=3845]groenator[/MENTION], [MENTION=1613]Mike[/MENTION] have all contributed at least one article in the past to the blog. Any interest there?

I know InsaneBoost has been very interested behind the scenes as was buccaneersonnie. I just don't know how badly Sonnie's cred was damaged from the 'issue' last week.....

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I would honestly love to but there's no way I could commit to knocking an article out week after week without fail. I guarantee there would regularly be weeks where I simply wouldn't have the time to dedicate to getting it done to my standards, and I have no desire to be "that guy". I could probably swing being Richs answer partner but thats about it.

7. SRW

Hey at least that's honest. I'd rather someone say no because they know they can't fulfill the commitment than say yes, take the spot and then not deliver the goods. Doing that will eventually kill off the new endeavor.

8. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i already talked to [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION] about blogging the winners and losers.
    if he and the other admins like what i want to bring in my example blog, i will do it weekly.

9. SRW

This is where we are at now with Sl1m3y stepping up:

Author's Confirmed:
    NFL Weekend Primer: [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the upcoming NFL games. Big games, key storylines and the top headlines heading into the week would also be recapped.

NCAA Preview: [MENTION=4302]JEMicklos[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the upcoming big NCAA games. Big games, key storylines and the top headlines heading into the week would also be recapped.

NFL Power Rankings: [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] and [MENTION=547]Fez[/MENTION]
    Overview: A two-man entry where each writer gives his take on the rankings they compile.

NFL's Winners & Losers [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the past week's winners and losers around the NFL.​

No Confirmed Author Yet:
    NFL Top 10: No Confirmed Author Yet
    Overview: A top 10 list of the author's choosing.

NFL Fact Or Fiction: [MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION], Two More Writers Needed
    Overview: A three man article. The 'host' will ask a series of fact or fiction questions. The bloggers will then answer fact or fiction, then explain why.

NFL Draft Insider: No Confirmed Author Yet
    Overview: A look at potential prospects for the upcoming NFL draft.​

10. SRW

[MENTION=547]Fez[/MENTION] [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION] [MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION] [MENTION=3191]nachmany5[/MENTION] [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION] [MENTION=3616]FantasyKnucklehead[/MENTION] [MENTION=3619]ProScoutDan[/MENTION] [MENTION=4302]JEMicklos[/MENTION]

I wonder if this works, you are supposed to be able to use @ and the usergroup title to send a @user to everyone.

Edit:

Cool, it worked. @ then the usergroup name sends it out to everyone. I used 'Contributors'.

11. SRW

Lemme test the mods..
    [MENTION=555]Omen[/MENTION] [MENTION=1346]Dingleberry[/MENTION] [MENTION=1604]TheDuke[/MENTION] [MENTION=2876]DaBears22[/MENTION] [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=1535]mj1987us26[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION] [MENTION=521]Sweets[/MENTION] [MENTION=856]CarlitoBrigante[/MENTION] [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION]

@Football Forum Moderators

@Outside The Lines Moderators

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Working fine..

13. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I be up for helping on Fact or Fiction plus I made do a blog this week since I'm on holiday

14. InsaneBoost

InsaneBoost Arena Drive Times

Definitely am interested [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION]. Probably will just stick with Redskins as that's my main deal, but could help with other stuff at times if needed.

I'm interested in the Fact or Fiction articles, assuming I'm answering and not the host.

15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Totally understandable, man. I was just trying to get some names in here.

16. SRW

[MENTION=4283]InsaneBoost[/MENTION] [MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION] to answer and [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION] as host for the Fact or Fiction Column?

PSID412USM would PM the series of questions to both InsaneBoost and RichLikeWh0a. You both decide if the comment is tru or false and then tell us why. 1-2 paragraphs for each question would suffice. PSID412USM would then get your answers back via PM, doll up a post and put your answers in.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  17. InsaneBoost

InsaneBoost Arena Drive Times

Sounds good to me

18. SRW

[MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION]? [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION]?

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If I gots me some energy reserves back in the tank I could. Plus, I don't rite neerlee as gould as [MENTION=555]Omen[/MENTION] and mite hindur the cauze.

20. SRW

This is where we are at now with the trio doing the NFL Fact or Fiction thread (tenative with two authors not confirmed 100% yet):

Author's Confirmed:
    NFL Weekend Primer: [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the upcoming NFL games. Big games, key storylines and the top headlines heading into the week would also be recapped.

NCAA Preview: [MENTION=4302]JEMicklos[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the upcoming big NCAA games. Big games, key storylines and the top headlines heading into the week would also be recapped.

NFL Power Rankings: [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] and [MENTION=547]Fez[/MENTION]
    Overview: A two-man entry where each writer gives his take on the rankings they compile.

NFL's Winners & Losers [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the past week's winners and losers around the NFL.

NFL Fact Or Fiction: [MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION], [MENTION=4283]InsaneBoost[/MENTION], [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION]
    Overview: A three man article. The 'host' will ask a series of fact or fiction questions. The bloggers will then answer fact or fiction, then explain why. ​

No Confirmed Author Yet:
    NFL Top 10: No Confirmed Author Yet
    Overview: A top 10 list of the author's choosing.

NFL Draft Insider: No Confirmed Author Yet
    Overview: A look at potential prospects for the upcoming NFL draft.​