HELP!!! I Am So Confused!

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by n1gbpackfan, Mar 17, 2008.

1. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

OK..I need help!!! I keep getting this pop-up, everytme I try to do ANYTHING on the internet...I don't know how to get rid of it. I did a full system scan- no virus's found. Tried a system restore, deleted file temp files and cookies and it still keeps popping up. If you click ok, it wants you to install some spyware program - which I do not need as I already have it with Norton... any suggestions???????
    ---------------------------

System Error!
    Your computer was infected by unknown trojan.
    It's dangerous for your system (critical files can be lost)!
    Click OK to download the antispyware program to clean your system! (Recommended)
    OK Cancel

2. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

just ignore it . Do you have ad-aware ??? if not goto download.com and download it. More then likely you have spyware on your computer which is putting up that pop up to try to get you to buy their popup.

3. n1gbpackfan

I do have ad-aware - haven't ran it in while, because I have spyware included with Norton - I will run it now, and let you know the outcome! - thanks!

-----------

Ran it - only had 2 things that come up - quarenteened them, still getting the error.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:icon_evil:

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

You prolly have no Virus on the PC, this is a malware programm. It says you have a a virus and offers you a programm to remove it.
    At the old board, I and other members from outside the US, had the same problem. There was an issue with the ads back then. Steve shut them down and the problem was gone.

5. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

You have a virus. Norton is of no help to you now. Go here for help:
    geekstogo.com/forum/Malware-Removal-Guides-Tutorials-f121.html

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I started getting a lot of pop-ups at one point. I purchased Spy-ware Doctor for...I think $19.95...it got rid of everything and I run it once a month to get rid of any phishing tools or any of that garbage. No problem since, knock on wood...

7. n1gbpackfan

Thanks so much!!! This worked! Your the man - some vcash coming your way!!! :icon_cheesygrin:

8. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

easy fix- take off your shirt and do some jumping jacks until help arrives.

9. n1gbpackfan

:dirty16: - never thought of that! :icon_redface: