HOF Wide Receiver Michael Irvin Wants Bill Belichick's Name Added To Lombardi Trophy

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets New Member

Hall of Fame wide receiver Michael Irvin thinks the trophy that goes to the Super Bowl winner needs to be freshened up. He wants to add Bill Belichick's name to the trophy named after Packers legendary coach Vince Lombardi. "I think the world of Belichick,â€￾ Irvin told the Boston Herald. “I told him this, ‘Man, if it was up to me, that (Super Bowl) trophy would be called the Lombardi/Belichick.' I don't care what they think. It would be called the Lombardi/Belichick. That's how good he is to do what he's doing in this day and age, what the league is now. “I would call it the Lombardi/Belichick.â€￾ While what Belichick has done during the salary-cap era has been outstanding -- and he also won two Super Bowls as a defensive coordinator with the Giants -- nobody should hold their breath, especially with the Spygate sanctions that Belichick and the Patriots were hit with.

Source: CBSSports
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSj4Xmgvu8]Pulp Fiction - Vince Shut the heck up - YouTube[/ame]
  3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe WE'RE NUMBER 1!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhSfKPXvKhY]STFU - YouTube[/ame]
  5. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

6. Steve12

Steve12 @oneearsteve

Lol wut? I'm a patriots fan and even I think this is a dumb idea.

Although it would be cool. Lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
  7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Maybe after he retires name the Coach Of The Year trophy after him but the Lombardi? Get the heck outta here.
  8. 86WARD

86WARD NFL's Dirtiest Player Staff Member

Someone has been drinking...

[​IMG]
  9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Iving is back on crack. Shouldn't change the name but if they did either Chuck Noll or Bill Walsh would be a better choice.
  10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

bullcrap
  11. bossco

bossco Rookie

There are so many better coaches in NFL history that have never been caught cheating. Walsh, Noll, Jimmy Johnson...

9ers n lakers on my razr maxx(tapralk)
  12. 86WARD

Everytime I see this thread I want to punch Irvin in the side of the neck...
  13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

He must have sucked BB rod for coke before or something dont see why he has such a hard on for a cheating nfl coach
  14. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Irvin is smoking the same crap Jerry Jones is smoking. They are both out of their freaking minds lately.. smh
  15. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

noway they do this. it would just be a terrible move
  16. 86WARD

17. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 pyromaniac

the Bill Belichick "Cheater of the Year" award sounds better
  18. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Easy now. The idea of changing the name of the Lombardi trophy is absolutely proposterous but what do you expect an "ex" coke head to say. That being said he is going down in history whether anyone likes it or not as one of the best coaches in history. I would like to see the Patriots win a SB after this whole spy gate thing got unearthed though, still haven't seen that..:huh:
  19. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin Staff Member

We're going to have a season's worth of these witty comments coming from Mr. Irvin this year. He's on NFL Network.....
  20. 86WARD

Neck punch for each comment...