houston we have a problem...

Discussion in 'Daily Fantasy Football' started by bjo16, Oct 24, 2014.

1. bjo16

bjo16 Lifetime Member Premium Member

golden tate a recommended optimal pick is not on fanduel this week? all the games start at 1pm but the London game is earlier so anyone on those teams is not even in any of the fanduel this week. wtf. do they realize this?

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Golden Tate was in their, you had to find the right games on Fanduel - same goes for Draftkings. There are noon only games which I assume you were finding.
    Golden Tate caught 7-of-15 targets for 151 yards and a touchdown yesterday.

3. bjo16

no I actually didn't find any of those. I was looking but only saw 1pm start games. pissed now that I didn't because that was a good lineup unlike some of the others

4. Kurt

Haha man I won all of my games so far.. just gotta see how Tony Romo does tonight, this will decide if I win the other 50 percent of my games.

What lineups did you use?

5. bjo16

basically the ones in the article that pete wrote that had 4 different lineups. only one of those did well and that wast he least played one.

6. Kurt

You should use the optimzer - not the line-ups made by Pete (no offense Pete)... even though he used the optimizer to help build some of the lineups he highly modified the lineups by removing players and locking players. I talk about this in the "read this first" link above the optimal lineup tool - I do not advocate removing or locking more than two players each. This is because you need to trust the computer, not your emotions or anyone else for that matter.

Nowwithstanding, this was a odd week overall. Big Ben with 6 TD - Brady with 5 - Rodgers with only 2 etc -

7. bjo16

I think I did a few lineups with the optimizer minus the lions players but that was a bust. gould got 1 point and Floyd 0

im assuming you cant use the optimizer for Monday-Thursday leagues right?

8. GoSteve

GoSteve Rookie

I used the first Optimizer suggested line-up. Still need a pretty big game from Dallas D and J Reed to get in the money. Only played 50/50 Fanduel games but got beat pretty bad using Floyd - 0 points and Nelson - 4 points, and only 8.7 from McKinnon
    This was the optimizer line-up with no tinkering...
    QB C. Palmer 21.16
    RB J. McKinnon 8.7
    RB M. Forte 27.8
    WR M. Floyd 0 - ZERO!
    WR J. Nelson 4
    WR G Tate 24.6
    TE J. Reed - pending MNF
    K M. Prater - 11
    D Dallas Cowboys - pending MNF

Total - 97.26

9. bjo16

did that change or something? I just reloaded it now and its not what you have. and this was also was the first one I saw on Saturday. nick foles, ellington, McKinnon, reed, nelson, tate, marshall, prater, lions

10. GoSteve

GoSteve Rookie

Hmmm, I think I looked at it Friday night and set the team then, not positive though. The line-up you put up was a bit worse then the one I put up - 95.10 with only Reed playing tonight. I wonder if the optimizer is "optimized" by the day??

11. bjo16

kurt does the optimizer change daily or hourly or anything?

12. Kurt

It changes daily - With updates to show the new weeks players on Tuesday or Wednesday -

Also, looking at the way people are using the tool I can tell I need to ensure the FIRST lineup you see is one I personally would use - we will roll that out in week 9 -

No way ANYONE would have though Nelson would drop such a low score against one of the worse defenses in the NFL - Same goes for Floyd - nevertheless, we will be including some new stats for you to use to create your best team with the tool and I'll ensure the default lineup is my best picks lineup.

We may also create a top five lineups article for members only that are created by me and the staff. Would you guys like that?

Cheers

13. GoSteve

GoSteve Rookie

I would like that , the additional stats and lineups would give a better shot at assembling a winning team!

14. robertmcguire

robertmcguire Rookie

I would like to see Kurt's line up or his recomended lineups somewhere for the paying members :) the optimizer this week wasn't helpful as it was a crazy week. But here's my best line up thus far this week. After tonights game I could have some line ups in the 190+ points.

15. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Emotions Emotions Emotions.

I modified 1 or 2 players each time and ended up having a terrible week.

16. Kurt

Well the optimizer killed me this week 8. Won 8 and lost 10 - the 10 that I lost had Romo and Dez. Lesson learned about division matchups no matter how pitaful the defense is, are a game to avoid. Even if Romo didn't get hurt in the 3rd qtr I'm not sure I would have pulled it off.

Nevertheless, the program will only get better with each weeks worth of data.

And thanks to @robertmcguire I'll be doing a video each week showing my picks in the optimizer and how I use it for GPP and Cash games each week.

Furthermore, PPT has been added to the tool, which is points per 1000 - and I've but this and DRank in the player pool area so you can have more data to help with your picks.

17. GoSteve

GoSteve Rookie

Week 9 Optimizer was MUCH better!! Nice work!

Kurt likes this.
  18. Kurt

Haha ya baby! Glad you did well. Week 10 will be even better - with more in depth video advice to help you win!