How often do you trade (per season)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by LebaneseFF, Feb 5, 2014.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I know a lot of people that simply don't even attempt to trade during the fantasy season.

What is your take? Do you do it, and how often?

Personally I am trade maniac, I usually have 2 or 3 trades out at any given time and usually 1 trade per week until the deadline.

Also do you face problems when trading? Vetoed trades etc.?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I hate being in leagues that don't trade at all...HATE it. My one league I'm in, recently, has been that way and it's SUPER boring.

3. LebaneseFF

I hate it too man. Have you noticed that the longer you are in one league with the same people, the less trades actually happen? I have been in this league for 4 years now, we went from on average 5 trades a week down to 5 total trades for the entire season last year.

I guess it has to do with knowing your opponents and not being able to rob them :)

4. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Trades are horrible.. can't stand them.. usually F me when I try them and ALWAYS F me when it's someone else doing the trading.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Problem I find is that if you have some people in your league that might be "less fantasy savvy" then the next, the automatically assume that you are trying to pull the wool over their eyes.

If Fred Jackson isn't in a deal...BEWARE!!!

6. LebaneseFF

:ROFLMAO:

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I don't do it much because if some ones offering I'm of the belief that your on the losing end, they're wanting something you have and offering what they think is "comparable".

ragman likes this.
  8. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

i rarely do trades. i build my teams via free agency

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Depends on the league. In friendly free leagues (ie: less competitive) with nothing on the line but bragging rights, I'll usually do a lot of trading just for the freak of it. Unless it's one of my "pet" players, if a trades not terribly lopsided I'll usually take it just to see how things shake out, it's fun. In money leagues or the couple of long-time membership, highly competitive, free ones that I'm still in, things tighten up a LOT. With dough or a decades-plus worth of history on the line, people get a lot more cautious with trades.

10. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

My local league has had one trade in 10 years. I just don't do it. In the dynasty league I share with my dad, it's the same thing. Although it's a bit more active. I just traded away Witten for Pitta and a 3rd round rookie pick.

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

This. Agreed.