Independent League Invites A Rod To Play In 2014

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by DanielBurch, Jan 11, 2014.

1. DanielBurch

DanielBurch 2nd String

[​IMG]

To nobody's surprise the Long Island Ducks of the Independent League have invited Alex Rodriguez to play for them in the 2014 season. This comes from Mark Herrman from Newsday as Alex plans on taking his fight to the Supreme Court to try and get the suspension overturned. Alex has also said he plans on attending Spring Training this season, something I do not think MLB or the Yankees can prevent, so that should be distracting interesting. Here is a quote from the Ducks GM and President Michael Pfaff:

"While some MLB suspensions have been honored by the Atlantic League in the past, if Alex Rodriguez were unable to participate in the Major Leagues this season, we would be open to exploring giving him a chance to play, stay sharp and compete."

http://www.thegreedypinstripes.com/2014/01/independent-league-invites-rod-to-play.html

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Ugh what a train wreck man. If I was him I would be so embarrassed by the whole situation that I would never go out in public.

3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

if i was him I would stay clear of the invite and just lay low and come back in 2015

4. DanielBurch

DanielBurch 2nd String

So sit out of baseball basically two years and expect to come back in his age 40 season and expect to compete? Got ya.. sure, makes sense.

5. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

or maybe he should just hang em up and retire

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

who gives a fvck what he should expect ? it makes little difference without the juice he will stink no matter what so fvck him.

7. DanielBurch

DanielBurch 2nd String

and walk away from 61 million? I am sure you would do the same , just retire.

8. DanielBurch

DanielBurch 2nd String

He was presumed clean in a small sample size this season and did quite well if you were watching, which I doubt that you were. Showed a lot of leg power and more importantly opposite field power. Will never be the 50 home run guy without them or with them but he could be a very serviceable, albeit overpaid, asset to this team if he were not suspended.