Is AP worth trading for?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by uly5535, Sep 17, 2014.

1. uly5535

uly5535 Comback Kid Joe Cool Premium Member

Im sitting in a league with decent RB depth.

Shane Vereen
    Joique Bell
    Lamar Miller
    Bernard Pierce
    Jonathan Stewart
    Donald Brown
    Bishop Sankey

The AP owner is 0-2 and loosing AP was huge for him because he does not have other viable RB depth . Can I maybe start planning a package deal on unloading some backs to him for AP with the current news. Now I know I am taking a gamble that he wont play for rest of season, but on the flip side if he does, I would have a legit Top RB1 and put me a big step ahead of the rest of the competition in the league especially for playoffs. If I decide to make the move I will wait till after week 4-5 when he gets more desperate and worse of a record. Or should I just stay put. Currently on a 2-0 record. Any thoughts?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's not sounding like he'll be back with the Vikings this year or possibly in the future...

3. uly5535

Yeah you are right that does seem like the vibe right now. Who knows what will happen. Thanks for the advise.

4. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

I have him and I am holding him for now.... It is a keeper league. I would trade him in a heart beat. the NFL is dropping the hammer and sponsors are getting involved which is a game changer it is all about the bottom line. Unless they over turn the Rice decision I don't see how AP isn't facing the same punishment.

All that being said maybe if he did brown for AP straight up in 2 or 3 weeks I may take the way way long shot of AP returning cause Mathews wil come back and brown won't be worth much then.

5. uly5535

This is a keeper leauge as well, but I wouldnt be able to keep AP for next year because we have a rule that once a player is drafted within the first 3 rounds of a draft, they are inelgible to keep. But yeah trading D Brown for him straight up wont cost me much since I just grabbed him off waivers this week. So you are saying making the offer now, or wait a few weeks? @Samson

6. Samson

I would wait for awhile brown will put up solid numbers while Mathews is out and he plays Jags next week and RB have killed them. Staying on the Mathews topic who has him does he need Brown and who are his WR and TE?

For that matter who are your WR/TE. I would more focus on upgrading positions rather than long shots.

7. uly5535

@Samson Very good point. Matthews owner squad looks like this

Phillip Rivers
    DeMarco Murray*
    Steven Jackson
    Roddy White
    Anquan Boldin
    Jimmy Graham*
    Stevan Ridley
    Bench players only worth mentioning
    Ryan Mathews*
    Knowshon Moreno
    Danny Amendola

My squad looks like this
    Arod*
    S Vereen
    Joique Bell
    Julio Jones*
    Keenan Allen*
    Dennis Pitta
    Lamar Miller
    Bench
    Donald Brown
    Bishop Sankey
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Bernard Pierce
    Jonathan Stewart
    Ladarius Green
    Marquise Lee
    Josh Gordon

This is a keeper league so guys with * are not available to keep for following season.

8. Samson

Feel like graham murray and white is all that is worth getting. I think he would want a too much for anyone of one them.

Maybe the guys can see trade option's where you wouldn't give up too much.

I may try to get in his head a little about RB. Murray durability issue (dig on that he has already lost 2 RB to injury it is messing with him promise) and that cowboys will change the program once romo is better . Remind him how old jackson is and the freeman is waiting in the wings. Talk up that having both NE RB would be nice so you would have a lock on the number 1 especially since ridley has fumble issues. Talk about Miller keeping the job after Moreno is back. Say Brown was top 25 last year and has some really nice match ups coming.

FYI I think Miller keeps the job, Vereen wins the job, and Brown will be in your line up depending on match ups at flex.

9. Samson

How many keepers BTW cause I assume you got gordon low and he will be 1 keeper. So you need how many more?

10. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

My opinion is AP is done for the year. The Vikings can't afford to bring him back and not have public backlash. When the governor of the state you play in wants him suspended, you don't think about bringing him back until all the case crap is over, which is unlikely this year.

11. uly5535

@Samson I can keep 2 guys total.
    Wow you def brought up some RB concerns for him LOL love it. I will start messing with his head.

12. uly5535

@Greg Brosh you are right in gonna forget about the whole AP deal and start looking at other trade options as mentioned above.

13. Greg Brosh

There is talk now that AP might not play for the Vikings again. Out on a limb thinking. But with recent problems with other players, not unfathomable.

14. uly5535

@Greg Brosh, Wow you think he will end up getting cut? if he does you know Jerry Jones wants him in Dallas.

15. Greg Brosh

Mike Florio from PFT wrote about it. Could it happen? I think so, especially if it turns out Peterson was truly in the wrong. Hitting a woman is one thing, but abusing a child (despite Texas laws) is a lot worse.

My Dad said the same thing about Jerrah. Murray is in the last year of his deal.

16. uly5535

Wow, that is crazy, I wouldnt be surprise if it does happen, but yes i agree with you, its def alot worse, especially since women sometimes provoke it with these guys not saying its still right for a man to straight out deck a woman and knock her out cold because that is just wrong, an innocent 2 year child is simply that, innocent.