Is The 08 WR Class That Bad?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Marion Who?, May 1, 2008.

1. Marion Who?

Marion Who? Captain Stiff Arm

It was only a month or two back when people had 3 wideouts going in the first. On draft day, no WR's went until a fair few picks into the second, where they were soon swallowed by the 3rd.

Many have said it is a poor crop of receiver's. Can it be down to teams purely needing other positions more in the first, or lack of talent?

Discuss. :icon_smile:

2. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Teams filled other needs first. As far as the Packers, they saved theirselves some money by trading down out of the first round and taking Nelson in the 2nd. I don't think the class was that bad, just not good enough that teams wanted to pay 1st round money to guys that fell to the 2nd round!

3. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

I dont know if the receivers were that bad, to me it was more of a need for other positions.

Two of the higher rated wide receivers Devin Thomas, only had one great year in college but he has outstanding size and measurables and the other Malcolm Kelly just didn't do that well in the workouts.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I dont think so i wanted the eagles to either get jackson or sweed.

5. Marion Who?

Yeah, but you were thinking 1st not 2nd...

6. ball in the baskett

Thats true, It ended up being a good thing for the eagles now we have 2 first round picks next year.

7. Marion Who?

Yeah, similar to what we did last year. Shame Cleveland hecked it up for us... haha

8. ball in the baskett

Hopefully the panthers have a really bad year. Im hopeing to see them go 0-16 lol.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

There will be a few future stars from this years WR clbutt.

10. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

it's actually rather good. just teams needed some other positions filled first.

11. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I'm really happy we have taken 2 of the top recievers.

It should get the best out of them in camp.

12. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

there was no really big name receivers this year and teams had greater needs then receiver as well. but i don't think they are a bad class

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

This class could turn out to be rather good...

14. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

To me, it was a mixture of both. There wasn't a true #1 receiving prospect, nor huge drop-off from the top rated WR to the 10th. Team could fill their needs in the first round, and snatch a receiver in the 2nd, just as good as what they could've gotten in the first.

15. True number 1 reciever = donnie avery

16. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

could'e let Kelly fall to my Bucs. We'll take Dex Jackson...fast little bastard.

17. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

there was no calvin johnsons, but there were a bunch of dwayne bowes...if that makes any sense lol

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The teams learned from the vikings and the jags to not take a wr with a 1st round pick. Most of the solid recievers today were late first rounders and beyond with a couple of exceptions.

19. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

Limas Sweed > any WR in this class:icon_frown:

20. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

That would be freaking sweet if we got 2 guys performing like that!