Iverson Free Agent Whats Next?

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by ball in the baskett, May 25, 2009.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Where do you think he goes?

Iverson has always been my favorite player and it sucks to see him not be able to gel with the 2 teams hes been to after the sixers. I think the reasons he hasent been doing well with denver and detriot is he wasnet the go to guy. Carmelo was the go to guy in denver and in detroit it was just a mess. He got injured and comeing off the bench doesent work for him. I dont think he should be a bench player anyway.One analyst said that the timberwolves would be a good option. They have al jefferson there and AI could be the go to guy again. I would love to see that happen i think they could be a decent duo. What do you guys think? He wont win a championship there but he could have some decent success.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

it depends on if he goes to practice.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Practice? LOL

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

One of the greatest sports interviews of all-time. I have it on my ipod.

Bring him back to Philly! lol...

5. ball in the baskett

So no serious answers lol.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was serious...one of the greatest interviews ever...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI]YouTube - Iverson Practice![/ame]

7. ball in the baskett

23 and a half times saying practice.

8. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

cuban will sign him

last chance to win the rings for #3 and #41 :buttrock:

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He's a natural point guard, he doesn't need to be the go to guy, he needs to command his troops out there and be the coach on the court. When he gets an open look or a lane to the basket then he should score. Other then that make the necessary passes to get an open look.

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

You mean Al Jefferson?

That wouldnt be a terrible fit IMO. That team needs to build around Big Al, a 23/11 guy. AI isnt the type of PG you want when you are building around low post players like Jefferson and Love

IMO his best be would be a run and gun team like Pheonix, Toronto or NY

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he'll be a spur just because they will do anything to not get younger.

the best part of the interview is the very last part "how the hell can i make my teammates better by practicing?!?!!?"

12. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

he will end up with who ever will let him start which means Europe

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

you do realize he is 30something years old and no where near the player he once was right?

14. ball in the baskett

Yea thats who i meant. It would be depressing to see him in a knick uniform i hate the knicks. In pheonix wouldent he come off the bench?

Hes not as good as before but still good.

15. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

at this point in time, he needs to realize that his starting days are over
    he could be one hell of a 6th man, bringing energy and scoring

but having a chip on your shoulder about not starting is nuts, face the facts AI

16. ball in the baskett

He said he would rather retire than come off the bench. I dont know if he was really serious about it when he made those comments. I wouldent mind that then the sixers can retire his jersey. In the nba can you sign those 1 day contracts and retire like the nfl?

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

:laughy32::laughy32::laughy32::laughy32:

funniest post of the year.

baskett - iverson will end up somwhere for the mid level exception where they need to put people in the seats. that's all he's worth at this time. denver made the best trade ever by getting rid of his washed up butt and his attitude.

heck we could've drafted paul peirce if it wasnt for him but king and brown knew it wouldn't work because AI is too selfish.

ton of "indiviual" talent but lousy team player. he'd be a perfect fit for th And! street ball senior tour.

18. ball in the baskett

I wonder if he would consider playing in europe i bet they would pay him alot.

19. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

If he says he'd rather retire than come off the bench then get ready for the rocking chair cause I can't see any team signing him and keeping him as their starter.
    Hope he finds an all about AI team out there somewhere.

20. ball in the baskett

Theres teams out there that would still start him. Hes still able to start in this league.