Jack Del Rio Says RB Fred Taylor Wasn’t A Good Leader With Jaguars

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by Sweets, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio wasn't going to let Fred Taylor get the last word Tuesday on the question of whether the New England Patriots watch more film than the Jaguars. In an interview in the Times-Union, Taylor said, "There is a whole lot of veteran leadership across the board [in New England]. There's more film study across the board. … I thought we watched a fairly decent amount of film [in Jacksonville]. But I guess I didn't." When Del Rio was asked about the comments, he had obviously read them, giving an answer that suggested Taylor didn't provide leadership when he was with the Jaguars. "Fred's always been a great interview. He really has, and I think he pointed to one of the things I really liked about it, I saw that and I said that was really great because he pointed out the leadership there shows the way, and I think he was referring to veteran players." Del Rio added, "So that's what we're looking to instill in our veteran players, and evidentially, he wasn't that veteran leader here, having our guys watch the tape. So we're going to work on getting the veteran leaders that are now here to have our guys watching more tape because he provided the blueprint."

Source: Florida Times-Union

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

newsflash jack - you're not that good of leader either.

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

WOW. Coach do you realize how petty you sound...

4. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Del Rio Fail. These are classics, hold onto them.