Jaguars Offer A 5th Rd. Pick For Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by Sweets, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Jaguars apparently aren't waiting to scour the waiver wire when the last cuts are made to find a new backup quarterback. According to the NFL Network, they've offered a fifth-round pick to Kansas City for quarterback Tyler Thigpen, but the Chiefs want a higher pick. The Jaguars might be trying to replace veteran backup Todd Bouman, who had several passes batted down against Tampa Bay on Saturday night

Source: Florida Union-Times

2. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I hope to Hell this does NOT happen...send 'em Croyle dammit. :icon_evil:

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Don't quite get what the Chiefs see in Croyle over Thigpen...maybe they figure that Cassel is one and Gutierrez is the two and they can get more for Thigpen than Croyle??

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

^^^^Bingo...Croyle wouldn't warrant a higher draft pick.

5. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Croyle has the best arm on the team, Thigpen has the best legs of the QB's. It's obvious what they value more.

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

send em Cassel instead. rip off the Jags!

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Needs to be at least a 4th.

8. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

It seems like almost everyone, myself included, is in Thigpen's corner. I was pissed when the Vikings tried sneaking him by on the practice squad and the chiefs took him. I'd gladly send T-Jack down to the Chiefs to bring Thigpen back.

9. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

take what you can get. they should do the deal.

10. Jeffgoodt

Jeffgoodt Team Veteran

Thigpen is probably better than Cassel but whatever

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

No they shouldn't.

12. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I agree hh...send 'em Brokie....I'd settle for a 6th round draft pick for HIM. :icon_cheesygrin:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Btw, I hear Pioli is asking for a 3rd round draft pick for Tyler.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah he is, if he goes for anything less than that I'm gonna be pissed.

Crap I'm gonna be pissed if he's let go period.

14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

You can't honestly expect a 3rd

15. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Me too...we need him here, especially with our O-line...he at least knows how to run for his life. :icon_cheesygrin:

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

The Chiefs are making a mistake if they let Thigpen go, IMO.

17. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

After watching more Trent Edwards suckatude tonight I think the Bills need to be looking for a better backup QB than Ryan Fitzpatrick and should get in on this Thigpen sweepstakes.

18. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

well now that cassel got hurt, I doubt they'll be trading thigpen after all.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

pctrips thinks that they put him in as the second stringer because they want to showcase him for the 3rd round pick.

I hope he's in there because he's really our 2nd QB.

Wondering if he will remain in the lineup for the 3rd quarter or if Brodie will be in...

20. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

If offensive line wasn't atrocious I'd honestly rather have Croyle. Offensive line is a huge issue, so I'd prefer Thigpen as the backup. I'm just speaking for what I think Haley and Pioli are doing. He's not a prototype QB and he doesn't fit what they want to do with the offense.

Thigpen hasn't played all that well tonight, but he did move them into FG range in a 2 minute drill with only 1 timeout and less than a minute left.