JaMarcus Russell's Work Ethic Continues To Concern The Raiders

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SoDev, Jun 28, 2009.

1. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

The work ethic of quarterback JaMarcus Russell is still being questioned by many who have worked with him in the past and are working with him now. After he issued a call to his teammates to practice and finish the OTA days strong, he then disappeared and was AWOL on the last day. Russell must learn that talent alone is not going to make him successful.

Source: National Football Post

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

well he is setting up a practice just for the qb's and wr so that is an improvement

3. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

1 step forward 1 step back

4. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

SUCH A FATBUTT!!

5. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Someone should have known about this before he was drafted...Al Davis needs to accept the fact that he got screwed with Elway, and a big armed fat lazy QB will never change that....he should have AP on his team right now, along with Crabtree and Matt Ryan....Mcfadden is still a ?, but considering the Raiders recent draft history, he'll probably be a walking injury.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Al Davis accept reality? LOL

7. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

Look Anything Mike Lombardi says is Crap He has had an axe to grind with the Raiders ever since he Left. Lombardi takes shots at the Raiders any Chance he gets so heck him. Let the kid show what he has on the field who gives a crap what he does as long as he gets the job done on SUNDAYS! thats all that matters. There is winners and there are losers J-Rock is a winner.

8. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Like Vince Young?

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

All I know is that with Garcia there Russel now has two basic options, panic with the thought of being replaced or excell using the thought of being replaced as motivation. When I say excell I am not talking winning any mvps or the superbowl, I mean taking good strides on become a solid NFL QB, maybe even more.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

And ouch Harvs, VY was doomed from the start.

10. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

people just always said he was a winner too...same with leinart

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Well "people" are often wrong lol. Most don't look at anything past the glory.

12. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

I think that he will come out all right.

13. Daddy Primetime42

Man shut the heck up chowder head. Who are you to say who we should have drafted. We drafted the best players that filled our needs a the time J-rock was a better prospect than Brady Quinn at the time. McFadden was the Best RB prospect at the time so we took him. DHB was more of a Strategic pick than anything because JLH,and Chaz played so well at the end of the season. So DHB was drafted to be the homerun hitter over the top because of his speed. Crabtree was to slow to do that. My team has Talent and Cable is the right guy to guide our young offense to maturity.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Vince young played well his rookie year but some guys just cant take the pressure and are to sensitive to criticisms. Some guys just need to mature.

14. russian.tank

Am I the only one in here who believes the last 6 weeks were a sign of things to come from Russell? I mean, down 10 with 10 left against the Bucs, and we end up winning the game, all because he had control of the huddle and made the guys around him believe. Personally, I can't wait till football starts to prove all doubters wrong.

15. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I'd be surprised if Raiders fans wouldn't rather have Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson from that draft...IMO Al Davis needs to hire a GM and stop calling the shots...their recent draft history has been subpar...

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Like I said, he could either make strides or panic. I dunno which.

17. russian.tank

Making strides FTW

18. Daddy Primetime42

Dude the patriots havent drafted well recently either. You dont know who is going to play great at the next level. Crap you guys drafted brady in the freaking sixth round and the only reason he got a shot was because bledsoe got hecked up. So shush about who we could of should of picked. We dont have sorcerors or Nostradamus in the war room so shut the f up please. Your telling me Maroney has been great because you drafted him. Your team is made up of free agents and veterans. Moss,Welker, DIllon, Harrison, Etc were drafted by other teams.

19. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Lets keep it civil ladies, no name calling.

20. Daddy Primetime42

Russell at the end of the season. He had 3 different play callers during the season multiple injured receivers. Once Chaz and JLH got established as playmakers not to mention Miller. Russell had the confidence that his guys could get the job done. So came the wins. Guys with talent dont have to work as hard. Its the guys with less talent who to work there tails off to become great Like Brady.