Jay Cutler, Alex Smith - Who Is Better?!?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by misfitz, Sep 14, 2012.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

My favorite part about this argument is the fact that RGIII has been brought into it...lol.

2. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

LOL IKR! The kid has 1 good game and he's put in the same sentence as Brady and Manning.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  3. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

im sorry but mediocrity doesnt beat the packers at lambo. at this point he is no question the better qb. he passed very well and picked them apart. cutler couldnt. its that simple. if the refs didnt blow so many calls alex would have lead the niners on at least one more td drive if not more. his progression as a player is well beyond his 1st season with jim. dont give me that the niners have a better oline. there was pressure all day when alex played the packers.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

As a 49er fan I've NEVER been a fan of Alex Smith and everyone here knows it. I'd take Cutler in a freaking heart beat...so there!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our current O-line with Cutler???(Alex who??????)

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Lol

Sweets just killed all yalls arguements

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Sweets opinion is so much more valid than Sl1m3y's. Anyone who has been at gif more then 3 minutes would realize this.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Despite the fact that I freaking hate using stats in a discussion like this since they really are no indicator at all for judging a players actual talent, if youre going to do it at least be accurate. 39 games for Alex in that span, 207 yards per game.

8. bossco

bossco Rookie

How about we make a little bet. At the end of the year if alex smith has a better quarter back rating i get to change your name if cutlet has a better rating you get to change my name for a month. Alex smith is not just a game manager he is a solid starting qb. Were cutler can have one good game then have 2 games that make you want to slap him around.

9ers n lakers on my razr maxx(tapralk)

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I love that idea. [MENTION=1647]ball in the baskett[/MENTION] you down?

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

not for qb rating if your doing a good job game managing your gonna have a good qb rating. ill do it if its who has more TDs and yards and the only deal breaker is if either one gets injured and cant play a week or 2 cause that would effect it

11. bossco

bossco Rookie

You have to include int.

12. bossco

bossco Rookie

How about touchdown's to interceptions ratio and yards?

13. ball in the baskett

That would make it complicated cause lets say cutler has more yards and more tds but more picks? Who wins if you get 2 out of 3? I dont think cutler is gonna have a better qb rating then alex smith but having a better rating doesent automaticly make him a better qb. Alex smith is gonna have less picks because hes a game manager and not gonna sling the ball like cutler is.

14. bossco

bossco Rookie

Cutler is a better talent then alex smith but Cutler has never had a good attitude towards his teammates. He never takes blame for anything he does. If its a bad pass then its his wr's fault for running the wrong route.

15. ball in the baskett

ill only do it if were doing more yards and tds which is really the stat that matters. Not gonna do interceptions when i already think cutler is gonna have more picks then alex but that doesent change who i think is better.

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I love that even 49er fans go against Smith, I mean crap up until last year people were begging for a new QB, some still are. And now all of the sudden he is a world class QB top 5 in the league. As I said misfits, using stats as the only way to compare QBs is like saying Marino is a better overall QB than Montana because his stat line was better when Montana was an all around better QB because of what he did, but Marino was more physically gifted.

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Oh, and Alex Smith is the type of QB that needs a good team to be successful, and the proof is pretty clear if you ask me.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well, yes. It's actually .2 more TDs which is 1.4 pts a game, 22.4 more points a year, which is easily the difference between winning and losing a game or four a year. Considering that we lost 3 games last year by a combined total of 15 points (4/18 counting the playoffs), Cutler over Alex could have been the difference between 13-3 and the NFCCG or an undefeated season and a Super Bowl ticket, if you want to use stats in this argument.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  19. bossco

bossco Rookie

I can honestly say i have been a alex smith supporter from day 1. That entire draft class was garbage. Just look at the top ten picks all trash. He was the best option.

20. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

no. he needs a head coach who knows what he is doing. mike nolan and mike singletary are among the worse of the worse when it comes to being a head coach all time. they made the most goobered play calling, draft picking, and adding coaches i have ever seen. they were so hell bent on building an amazing defense that they neglected the offensive side alot. by the time the offense could be decent they got fired. in comes jim. 2nd season the offense is top 15. the talent was there the whole time. u need good coaching to be a quality nfl qb.