Jeff Fisher Not Interested In USC's Head Coaching Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by SRW, Jan 9, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin Staff Member

Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher said Saturday afternoon he had no interest in the possible opening at Southern Cal after multiple sources reported that current USC Coach Pete Carroll has agreed in principle to become the new head coach of the Seattle Seahawks. Fisher, who played at Southern Cal under legendary coach John Robinson has long been considered a natural choice to coach at USC. Sports Illustrated's Peter King reported Saturday that Jeff Fisher is uninterested in USC right now especially with the university's football program facing continuing questions about inducements made available to players, including an upcoming civil trial on the Reggie Bush issue. "It looks like Jeff Fisher stays in Tennessee, completing the final two years on his contract," King said on NBC.

Source: TitansRadio.com
  2. 86WARD

86WARD NFL's Dirtiest Player Staff Member

I don't see why he would want to go to USC...
  3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I don't think any NFL coach would be interested in that job. The only guys I can think of that would like this job are guys who are looking for an opportunity to head coach, guys who have been coordinators for a while and are looking to make the next step.