Jeremiah Trotter released by Eagles

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by PSID412USM, Aug 21, 2007.

1. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7141464

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports has reported the MLB Jeremiah Trotter has been let go by the Ealges. Trotter had 113 tackles last year.

Wow this is a wried move Trotter is a hell of player I don't understand the move

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

WOW! This move caught me off guard. I'm sure DawkinsINT will explain this move by the Eagles.

3. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I'm not super surprised, a little maybe but it was clear they were worried about Trotter losing a step. His knees aren't what they were I believe.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Wow. I'm a little surprised. I knew that he was in serious danger of losing his job to Gaither, especially after Reid called him out in practice, but I didn't think he would be cut. I wonder if they told him that he was being demoted and he asked to be cut. He supposedly started camp really strong in the first couple of weeks, but then went back to his horrific play of last year.

5. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

kinda shocked me but then again we are talking about a philadelphia sports team... they probably would have released peyton manning if they had a chance to

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

WOW....hopefully the saints are calling

7. DawkinsINT

This front office has been good when they've released veterans. Derrick Burgess is the only one that burned them, and he was mostly let go because he couldn't stay healthy. Otherwise the vets they've dumped have included Hugh Douglas, Corey Simon, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Duce Staley, Carlos Emmons, Hank Fraley, etc...

It's hard not to trust their decision on Trotter based on the track record they have shown.

Don't you already have enough former Eagles on your defense? Hollis Thomas, Simoneau, Dhani..:lol:

8. Saintsfan1972

hey....we like former eagles :icon_cool:

9. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

His knees aren't what they were but I'm still a surprised by the move.

10. DawkinsINT

It should save the Eagles about $3 million or so, but I wonder if they have another plan to pick up a vet elsewhere.

11. Saintsfan1972

we're sending Dhani back to you....lol

12. DawkinsINT

LOL...thank you! :lol:

13. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

He was a shadow of his former self...A change of scenery should help him though.

14. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Oft-injured by 30 is no way to stay on an NFL team. Maybe after he proves to another team that he can stay healthy he can resurrect his career again.

15. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Oh god a big name FA expect Snyder to be waving his cheque book anyday mow :icon_lol:

16. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

Trotter may end up in Denver
    Wednesday, Aug 22, 2007 5:34 am EDT

The Denver Broncos likely will consider signing linebacker Jeremiah Trotter, who was cut by the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday.

The Broncos have looked at adding offensive and defensive linemen and linebackers to their roster.

Trotter probably won't be out of work very long. Agent Jimmy Sexton said Trotter would meet with Tampa Bay on Wednesday and had received interest from several other teams.

"He's probably going to take the rest of the week to figure out what he wants to do," Sexton said.

Yahoo! Sports NFL writer Jason Cole.

17. DawkinsINT

I wish him luck wherever he goes even though it will suck seeing him wearing another team's uniform.

18. bossplaya000

bossplaya000 Bitch I'm the boss

The Eagles gave him an ultimatum to either retire or be cut.. He chose the latter..

Not really surprising.. He was terrible against the pass and not much better against the run.. Wtf??

I think he's done.

19. DawkinsINT

Pretty much. I thought it was great how both he and Reid handled the situation. You could tell there was total appreciation and respect from both parties. The press conference and farewells in the locker room after was a complete lovefest.

20. Saintsfan1972

i agree with the terrible against the pass statement.....but i think he's still decent against the run