Jerry Jones, Jason Garrett Reportedly At Odds Over Hiring Offensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Jan 18, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is quietly looking for a new offensive coordinator who would likely take over play-calling from head coach Jason Garrett, according to a league source in a ProFootballTalk.com report.

Garrett is reportedly resisting the move and — in a possible effort to lower the odds of his in-season firing — has stipulated that the new OC must have no head-coaching experience.

ESPN.com’s Chris Mortensen first reported that Jones is pushing Garrett to give up play-calling. Bill Callahan currently has the dual title of offensive coordinator and offensive line coach, but Garrett calls all plays.

Garrett has come under criticism for making questionable game-management decisions, including ill-timed timeouts.

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

uh oh...

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Also read on a not so credible news source about Garrett requesting the oc ot have any head coaching experience.

JJ is goona get tired of jg and can him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree omen. garrett doesn't really have a lot of negotiating power here.

5. Omen

I think JJ is actually right in demanding him to take an OC. His play callings and game plans are stale and predictable. And his game management is atrocious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

i'm actually a little impressed that garrett has the nuts to stand up to jerry. frankly, that earns him a little respect in my book. that being said, however, the hecker still needs to go and we do still need an OC.

7. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Guess Garrett forgot that Callahan was the Raiders HC for 2 years. So if Jerry wants to replace him midseason he always has Callahan to fall back on. Plus who says the OC he brings in might be one in line for a HC job in the near future. And I agreed on all above comments.

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I still say that Jerry wants Gruden in here. And, Jason's dislike of Jerry bringing in an OC may be enough for Jerry to can him.

9. SRW

What a travesty in Dallas....it won't matter who they bring in. In the end it's Jerry's show and he's a teflon Don in his sense of reality.

10. ragman

Did you just now figure that out, Steve?:icon_frown:

11. SRW

Nope. Just wondering if the grave's the only thing that will end this comedy.

12. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

He is starting to look like Davis more each day. So to answer your question....Yes.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Shoulda been Norv...shoulda been Norv...

14. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

That's what I've been saying. smh. Jerry is an idiot.

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Wont be Gruden. When you bring in Gruden for the money he is going to want, then he has full say over the staff.

The pressure is on Garrett. If he makes the playoffs, he'll continue to be Dallas HC. If not he is gone. End of story

Interesting stuff here, but doesnt effect much

16. Omen

A lot of people want chunky even on the homer board or speculate this will happen. I just don't see it or want it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

17. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think its just because Kiffen and Calahan both coached under him

In fact, Kiffin left Tampa on bad terms with Gruden I believe

18. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

i've gone on the homer boards one time in my life, and it was last weekend.. i read 2 threads full of people wanting gruden, then promptly closed the freaking tab before i threw my laptop.

19. ragman

If that happens, who does JJ get?

BTW, I don't want Chucky either.

20. Omen

Maybe that's why he's grabbing guys with HC experience in Hot Rod and Nutt. Although nutt has only been a HC in college level. And Callahan took the Raiders to a SB as a HC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk