Jets DE Muhammad Wilkerson Feels 'Blessed' After Car Crash

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweets, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

New York Jets defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson won't miss any time after a late-June car crash that shook him up but didn't result in a major injury. "With that situation, obviously I'm grateful that everyone is fine, nobody was hurt seriously," Wilkerson told The Star-Ledger this week from his football camp in Linden, N.J. "It was a tragedy that it happened, but I'm just happy everybody is OK and I'm blessed to be here. ... blessed and happy everyone else is safe and nobody was truly injured or hurt." Wilkerson, the Jets' 2011 first-round draft pick, flipped in his 2011 Dodge Charger on the Garden State Parkway in the early hours of June 23. His car slammed into the back of a 2011 Toyota Siena, and Wilkerson was charged with reckless driving and failure to maintain a lane, there was no indication he was under the influence at the time of the crash, according to police. Wilkerson told the newspaper it's difficult to talk about the accident, which required stitches on his forearm. New York Jets doctors cleared Wilkerson after the crash, and he's been green-lit for the start of training camp later this month, Wilkerson is being counted on to anchor the defensive line as the Jets plan to employ a four-man front in situations this season.

Source: NFL.com