Jets O-Line Coach Says There's 'No Doubt' Wayne Hunter Is The Starter At Right Tackle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SRW, May 16, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Despite Jets right tackle Wayne Hunter's inconsistent play in 2011, his first season as a starter, new offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo said in no uncertain terms that Hunter's starting job is not in jeopardy. "This guy is the starting right tackle," DeGugliemo said. "Until they tell me otherwise, until they ship him out of this building or until they shoot me dead in my office, that sonofagun is going to be the starting right tackle. And he's going to play well." DeGuglielmo indicated that there may have been questions about Hunter elsewhere in the Jets organization, and the guaranteed $2.45 million salary he's due. Tannenbaum said after the draft that Hunter is "competing for a position here." DeGuglielmo clearly disagrees, and he said GM Mike Tannenbaum smiled at his opinion of Hunter, telling him he's glad he has such strong opinions of his players. "I speak my piece to people in power," said DeGuglielmo, who took over for respected line coach Bill Callahan. "I don’t make those decisions, but I'm telling you, this guy has skills. If you find one out there better than that playing that position, bring him to me."

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

2. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie