Jimmy Clausen Most Affected By McNabb-To-Redskins Trade?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 5, 2010.

1. The stunning news that the Philadelphia Eagles traded quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins will cause a major reshuffling in the NFL draft. The first person impacted is Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen, who appeared to be destined to go to Washington as the fourth pick in the first round but with Sam Bradford expected to go No. 1 to the St. Louis Rams, Clausen could now fall to the Kansas City Chiefs at No. 5 and be reunited with former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis, who is now the Chiefs' offensive coordinator. Clausen also could fall to the Seattle Seahawks at No. 6 in the first round, but they might have to pass on him and take Oklahoma tackle Trent Williams because of their desperate need to improve the offensive line and then he would be under consideration for the Cleveland Browns at No. 7 or the Buffalo Bills at No. 9, while Browns president Mike Holmgren indicated the Browns intend to draft a quarterback, when referring to Clausen in the past, Holmgren has said, "I wish I liked him more."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2010
  2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

And what makes it so certain that Bradford and the Rams is a signed deal? Pullllease!

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

if bradford goes number 1 just like alex smith did and clausen drops to the 20s like aaron rodgers did it will be just scary how similar this draft was to 05.

sam bradford IS alex smith

and clausen compares favorably to aaron rodgers. just so funny to think about anyone being dumb enough to take bradford number one...the rams will FINALLY get their answer to the 9ers alex smith lol

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  4. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

why would the chiefs pick up a QB don't they already have one?

5. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

hes 10x better JIMMAH sucks

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

more like 1/10 the player

7. Nukleopatra

Nukleopatra International Thing.

lol @ Jimmy Clausen.

I hope he free fails into oblivion.

Just stay the hell away from St. Louis.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Ok McShay. Who ever gets Clausen, outside of Oakland, will be happy with him as a player.

9. andy82

Other than playing for ND and being an arrogant SOB, what is there to hate about Jimmy? I would take him over Bradford in a heartbeat.

10. Nukleopatra

I'm sure Denver was quite happy when they got Jay Cutler, too.

Contact me when Jay Cutler or Jimmy Clausen break .500 as a starting NFL quarterback.

I really don't care who gets Clausen, or how ''happy'' they are - as long as he doesn't land in St. Louis. If we draft Suh, and Jimmy Clausen lands to us in round 2, I don't want him.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Again making senseless arguements against Clausen. Cutler was incredible when his defense played better than the bottom of the barrel of the NFL. Your hate and distain for Clausen is hard to understand because you have yet to really give a REAL reason why he is such an inferior prospect.

12. Nukleopatra

A lot of teams right now are doing their best to avoid picking Clausen. It's not saying they won't, when the time comes, but you'd be hard pressed to find a team picking in the top 15, who want to use that pick on the guy. Jimmy Clausen is a late first rounder, at best, who may go higher, due to the desperation of a team. Once Jason Campbell is gone, Marc Bulger will hit the open market, and they'll have to flip a coin between signing that bag of human crap, or drafting an even bigger bag of crap with some potential.

I just want the whole ''Rams/Clausen'' thing to end.. Let me say it one more time: The Rams do not want Jimmy Clausen, never have. The fans do not want Jimmy Clausen. We'd rather have Bradford, Suh, Mccoy, Okung, or one of the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

If you want an explanation, contact one of the NFL scouts/GMs of the teams looking to avoid picking the guy. I don't have to defend myself, my team, by giving an explanation of why Jimmy Clausen isn't worthy of a top pick. I sure as hell will not sit here and give you a reason or reasons why he's isn't worth the #1 pick in the 2010 NFL draft, because I'm still amazed by the fact that there's about three people who actually believe he is.

You like the guy? Maybe he'll fall to you.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

McShay is to scouting what George W. Bush is to the english language. So following him and what he says is not the best of ideas. It's funny how all those who like Clausen can give reasons why and why he is better than Bradford yet you and those who find Bradford the better of the two have trouble giving real reasons. So excuse me if I would like to know why someone has to knock another person but doesn't explain why.

14. Nukleopatra

I wasn't even aware that people still watch/listen Todd Mcshay. I do everything in my power to avoid ESPN/NFL Network when it comes to the NFL, unless they have an actual game on, or, of course, the draft itself. My opinion on the so-called ''experts'' is a different story altogether. But if McShay is set against Clausen being a top 15 pick, then maybe I should check him out - he finally got something right.

Jimmy Clausen will be an interesting story come draft day.. as a Rams fan, and my nephew being a Jags fan, we have a small rivalry, so I have my fingers crossed that Del Rio/Gene Smith see something in Clausen that not many others do, when Clausen works out with them. Sam Bradford/Jimmy Clausen draft would renew our rivalry. :icon_cheesygrin:

15. andy82

It almost seems like you have a vendetta against him. Seriously man, you slag him off constantly yet give no indication in how he's such a bag of crap, and yet asslick Jason White/Alex Smith II?

16. Nukleopatra

And which one of your final Gridiron Analysis are you getting that comparison from? K-Train? Yeah. I've been seeing a few of his NFL breakdowns.. He's quite thorough indeed - ''Samantha Bradford is Alex Smith hes gonna bust lol.'' After reading his breakdowns, I thought my ''bag of crap'' argument was going to be more than welcome... I was wrong?

I'll just end this discussion with my final breakdown: ''Jamie Clausen is Ryan Leaf she's gonna bust lol.''

17. Rush

Rush Dexter > All

Nukleopatra is the best thing to happen to the internet since ph0rn.

18. Nukleopatra

Nice sig - Jamie Clausen fan, eh?

19. Rush

Rush Dexter > All

Jimmy Clausen's leadership skills are [NSFW]unparalleled[/NSFW]

20. Nukleopatra

Jamie Clausen's definition of ''leadership'' is making the tough decision to avoid the checkdown, to throw the homerun.