John Fitch Cut By UFC

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by CP26, Nov 19, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Former number one UFC welterweight contender Jon Fitch was today handed his walking papers for refusing to sign an agreement that would give the promotion exclusive lifetime video game rights to his name and likeness, MMAmania.com can exclusively confirm. Christian Wellisch who also didn’t ink the paperwork was also released. Others who do not sign the agreement could also be let go in the future.

Source: MMA Mania

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

The UFC is slowly pissing me off more and more.

You are freaking this up Dana.

You are acting like Don freaking King.

3. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Jon Fitch is a very good fighter. I think its a bad move but Dana Has his reasons

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah his reasons are that he wants to own every aspect of every fighters livelihood so that he can dish it out as he see's fit.

Or not at all in most cases.

5. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Another bullcrap move by Dana, and this one may even trump giving Brock a Title shot....just wow......I thought he was in the fight promoting buisness, not the freaking video game buisness. Are you kidding me? I'm livid right now....

6. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I WAS FREAKING PISSED WHEN I HEARD THIS. IT ISN'T JUST FITCH, IT COULD BE ANYONE FROM AKA. FOR NOT SIGNING A LIFETIME CONTRACT ABOUT NAME AND LIKENESS FOR A VIDEO GAME.

Sorry for the caps, but I'm still pissed about this crap.

Here's Kevin Iole's column on Yahoo about it. I've exercepted all of Dana's qoutes. He's Don King with more media outlets and a larger organization.

A bitterly angry Dana White said Wednesday the Ultimate Fighting Championship has cut highly regarded welterweight contender Jon Fitch and is not going to do business with any fighters who are part of the American Kickboxing Academy team in San Jose, Calif.

The outspoken UFC president said shortly after landing in Hawaii on Wednesday that he no longer wants to work with AKA fighters or those represented by DeWayne Zinkin and Bob Cook.

White said he excepted AKA welterweight Mike Swick from that group because he said Swick called him and told him he wants to fight for the UFC.
    UFC drops Fitch, AKA fighters - MMA - Yahoo! Sports

-------------
    The rest of the article is on Yahoo's MMA page.