Josh Gordon

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Slater99, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Slater99

Slater99 2nd String Premium Member

Does it make any sense to roster Gordon at this point? My league only has three roster spots and his 10 game suspension is basically the worst case scenario since he isn't eligible to return immediately and he isn't ruled out completely.

It will be tough navigating the bye weeks, especially week 9 when I have three guys on bye including my QB. And you have to wonder what kind of shape he'll be in, if he can go 10 weeks without getting arrested and/or failing a drug test, etc.

It would be nice to have him back for the playoffs, but that's a moot point if I miss the playoffs entirely. Should I just cut my losses at this point and move on?

Roster:
    QB Stafford
    WR C. Johnson
    WR Antonio Brown
    RB Reggie Bush
    TE Delanie Walker
    Flex W/R/T Pierre Garcon
    K Gostkowski
    DST Seattle

Bench Pierre Thomas
    Bench Danny Woodhead
    Bench Josh Gordon

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

For now I would wait. There is always a chance another player could get injured and you could pick him up to help out with byes. We only get 4 spots in our Knucklehead league, so I'm going to do my best to keep him as long as possible until I am TRULY out of options.

3. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

and I'm doing my best waiting for him to drop him because I have nothing left to lose.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

He'll be back Week 12? Just in time for a playoff run...lol

5. Greg Brosh

I'm keeping him for spite now :p

6. brewers_rule1978

brewers_rule1978 2nd String Premium Member

I'm probably being a Negative Nate here but IF Gordon were to come back in Week 12, you have to wonder about conditioning at that stage. He hasn't had much time to acclimate to his QB and offense either, has he? And he still hasn't paid any price for his recent DUI arrest so you could see the NFL add more onto that 10 game ban, having him sit out until your playoffs do begin. Then you have to think about whether he'll stay clean until then too. I know he's a lottery ticket but like you said, if you don't MAKE your playoffs, then he does you no good anyway so I wouldn't hang on unless you have an IR/Suspended spot to stash him in like my league has. No way I suck up a bench spot for 10 weeks of byes and injuries for a prayer he'll return and I'd be playoff-bound surviving that whole time without him.

7. Greg Brosh

I agree, but this league you can build an entire team from waivers because our bench is so small. That's how I got into the playoffs last year.

8. SNPokc

I need tom terrible to stop being terrible. It just aint cutting it. He's about to get outright dropped.

9. Slater99

Slater99 2nd String Premium Member

Yeah, I have to drop Gordon at this point. Only 3 bench spots and he's out until week 12 at least. I have Seattle on a bye next week, so I need to drop someone at some point. So I'll drop him this week and grab someone else and then next week decide who to drop in order to grab a one week DST fill-in.

10. SNPokc

I'm tired of the NFL screwing him around, and I'm not even a fan of his team. It makes no sense why they can't just make a judgement, say this is what we are doing and then let him and his lawyers make a decision. It's disgusting how NFL(Goodell) gets to pick and choose how he does punishments.