K Sebastian Janikowski Wants To Finish Career With Raiders, Play 7-8 More Years

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by Sweets, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Oakland Raiders kicker Sebastian Janikowski said he intends to play seven or eight more seasons, if not longer, and he is hopeful that he finishes his career with the team that selected him in the first round of the 2000 NFL draft, Steve Corkran of Bayareanewsgroup reports.

"I want to play as much as I can," Janikowski said. "I want to win the Super Bowl. That's the ultimate goal."

Janikowski is playing for his eighth head coach. Change is something he is quite accustomed to playing for a Raiders team that has been in flux since they played in the Super Bowl at the end of the 2002 season.

Janikowski has shed at least 10 pounds -- he refused to give the exact figure -- and looks as lean as at any point since he joined the Raiders.

"You're getting older and there are a lot of guys out there younger than you," Janikowski said in explaining the reason for the weight loss. "You just got to keep up with it. It's your job. You got to take it seriously. ... At first, (as a) young guy at 24, 26, you don't think that way. Now it's totally different. I got a family, two little kids, it's totally different."

Source: The Redzone