Kevin Kolb Debuts In Cardinals' 24-18 Win Over Raiders

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Kevin Kolb found new favorite target Larry Fitzgerald twice in his Arizona debut but was unable to get his offense on the scoreboard in two drives before the Cardinals rallied to beat the Oakland Raiders 24-18 in their exhibition opener Thursday night. Arizona's other three quarterbacks all threw touchdown passes, including a 28-yarder from Max Hall to Isaiah Williams with 39 seconds left for the win. Raiders third-stringer Trent Edwards threw an 18-yard touchdown pass to rookie David Ausberry, and Sebastian Janikowski kicked four field goals, including a go-ahead 57-yarder with 2:32 to play, but the Raiders lost in Hue Jackson's head coaching debut. After a year of poor quarterback play following Kurt Warner's retirement, Arizona made the big move to acquire Kolb from Philadelphia after the lockout ended last month. He completed four of seven passes for 68 yards and also scrambled for 19 yards. "He operated the offense and he knew what he was doing," coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "He made some good reads and made some good throws. For it to be this early in the process with him, I am very excited about that."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Do work, Kolb!

3. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

Good job Kolb!

4. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Good for Kolb.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Fitzgerald is a nice "favorite" to have...

6. Chipper10

Without a doubt.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I was looking for a way to watch this game im real interested on how he does this year.

8. Chipper10

I think he will do alright. I think Cards have a legit shot at winning that division.

9. BTMaverick84

BTMaverick84 Death Dealer

Nice job Raiders 1st string