KFFL: Evaluating Tier 2 QBs

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Aug 28, 2007.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Source: Alex Schaefer, KFFL

Both of my teams are anchored by players on this list. I have Cutler/Losman on the one team and Leinart on the other. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and an eye on that waiver wire.

2. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

This is the first time in awhile that I've not had a 2nd tier QB as a starter on my roster. I like Matt Hasselbeck though as a quality starter. If Romo keeps his head together, he can prove to be very effective too. I had Philip Rivers last year and though he was decent on the field, that didn't translate into a lot of fantasy points. Especially with LT behind him. Though everyone is very high on him, I am not wow'd by Tennessee's WR's to take a chance on Vince Young unless rushing TDs get more points for the QB than passing TD's.

3. The Bitter Truth

The Bitter Truth Fans Refugee

In my big money main league I'm sitting pretty with Peyton Manning and Jon Kitna right now. That's a dynasty contract league though and I've had both for the past three years. Its all coming into play now. I shouldn't have any issues at that position. Except well, Kitna is off the same week as Manning. Ugh.

4. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

You can win a league with that kind of 2nd tier QB.
    Last season, in my league the starting QBs for the Final were Vince Young and Jay Cutler.
    In that same league, I drfted Peyton Manning, traded him for Steve Smith and finished the season with McNair at the helm. From the trade, McNair scored more points than Peyton and I almost reached the playoffs after a 6-game losing streak.

5. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

How many points were passing TD's? Was the Manning for Smith trade a straight deal?

6. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

6pts/TD. Manning for Smith and that was it.
    It was just before Manning's numbers started to "decline".

7. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I couldnt pull the trigger on a trade like that in a 6 pt/passing TD league unless I was in dire straights WR wise. Glad it worked out for you.

8. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Yeah, I'm shaking my head over that one. You must have odd rules for yardage or ppr because Manning's 31 TDs sure seem a hell of a lot more than Steve Smith's 8 TDs. Manning had 1 bad game, week 12 vs the Eagles. How in the hell did that work out for you?

9. The Bitter Truth

The Bitter Truth Fans Refugee

I'm wondering the same thing. Last season Manning finished pretty strong for me. He finished with a 15, 10, 29, and 22 point run in the playoffs with the average QB score in our league around 10 points. Hell, him and Marvin Harrison took me all the way to the championship last year. Reggie Bush getting hot didn't hurt either.

10. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I'll put the complete league settings so maybe you'll have a better idea but I can tell you that from the moment I traded Manning, my other QB (McNair)scored more points than him.

Here you go:
    Passing Attempts (-1)
    Completions (2)
    Passing Yards (40 yards per point)
    Passing Touchdowns (6)
    Interceptions (-5)
    Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
    Rushing Touchdowns (6)
    Receptions (1)
    Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
    Reception Touchdowns (6)
    Return Touchdowns (10)