LB Vontaze Burfict, CB JayRon Hosley Fail Drug Test Before NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Sweets, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The downfall of Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict added another chapter to its story Wednesday -- just one day before the NFL draft begins -- as NFL Network contributor and Fox Sports insider Jay Glazer reported that NFL teams were informed this week that Burfict has failed a drug test. Teams were also told that Virginia Tech cornberback JayRon Hosley failed a drug test, according to Glazer. NFL.com reporter Ian Rapoport confirmed, via a source, that Hosley failed his test at the NFL Scouting Combine, Hosley wrote a letter to teams apologizing for his failed drug test, according to Glazer. Burfict has seen his draft stock plummet after a disappointing showing during the scouting combine, which followed a disastrous junior season at ASU when his weight ballooned as high as 259 pounds, and his total tackles dropped from 90 in 2010 to 69 in 2011. Burfict did not receive an invite to work out with any NFL team during the draft evaluation process, and could possibly not be drafted at all this weekend.

Source: NFL.com

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Nice, keep falling Burfict.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

so i guess hes given up on playing in the NFL

4. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

Burfict is still a mid rounder.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

no, hes not. Historically bad workouts, failed drug test, commitment questions, no visits from teams.

i guarantee he goes undrafted now

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

keep doing drugs kids
    they're so awesome

7. buffalobillsfan1

I disagree. He will get drafted. I am not to concerned about a failed drug test. They all smoke weed, its just a matter of getting caught.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

No they all don't, a good number of athletes do though. He was already a possible undrafted player before this news though so it doesn't look good for him. Usually K Train is dead on, and if he does get drafted it will more than likely be in the 7th.

9. buffalobillsfan1

I think he will go a little higher than the 7th round. He has some issues, but the talent is there and a team will try to get him back on the right track.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  10. buffalobillsfan1

He was a first team all American in 2010. Good coaching can handle these issues. He would be of great value in mid to late rounds.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

He won't get drafted...and if he does it's by a team out of desperation for a LB that has exhausted all other options.

He has horrible behavior patterns...many issues. He was turrible in the weight room and had trouble bench pressing 225...as a potential NFL LB?!? I don't think so.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

He has no desire to be in the weight room and that's a major problem...major.

13. buffalobillsfan1

You put him on NE, DEN, other teams with strong leaders they will get him to work. You can't teach talent, which he has.

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Below average athleticism, unable to get separation, questionable instincts. Even without throwing in his extreme character issues he carried a high bust value.

The draft process has just confirmed all this, he clearly don't give a heck and putting him in a so called "good locker room" isn't going to change that. Taking him with any round selection and it's a waste.

15. buffalobillsfan1

Its amazing how he became an All-American with all those poor skills.

16. disagree. You can't fix attitude.

17. i disagree with below average athleticism regardless of bad 40 times.

18. buffalobillsfan1

Its more inmaturity. We have seen have seen players with so called attitude problems be very successful in the league.

19. at this age he needs to grow up. He just has too many issues. It's not worth it at this point.

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I want to put together a team of him, Adarius Bowman, and Deandre Brown

Ill call it All American Lawn Care