Lineup

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by dylanweber24, Nov 21, 2017.

1. dylanweber24

dylanweber24 M2M 17 Premium Member

Good afternoon everyone.

I started the season 2-4 and have rattled off 5 wins in a row to get into 2nd place. Now I'm just wondering how to solidify my team for the playoff run.

Unfortunately it's past my trade deadline already so having 3 qb's kind of back fired. But grabbing Cousins off of waivers when Carr and Smith were on a bye helped me win that week. So no complaints.

I think my lineup is pretty locked in even though I don't like my WR match ups for this week. Fitz and Hopkins both going against to two toughest D's against WR's. Not really sure I would put Robby Anderson in for either of those guys though.

So I guess my question would be about team D's. I have Houston and Chicago. Brutal match up this week for Chicago. But I like some of their matchups going forward. Carolina is on waiver and going against the Jets. Should I make a play for them and dump Houston who is against Baltimore? What do you guys think?

Also I have Chris Thompson who is now down for the year. I have Perine loaded to try and pick up off of waivers but being in 2nd place I doubt I get him. The other guys available are J Maclin, N Agholor, G. Olson, Rishard Matthews, Sammy Watkins or Derrick Henry.

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts about my team and how they would make adjustments to set up for the next few weeks. Also finding it hard to not start Cousins over Smith and Carr this week!

Thanks for any insight everyone!

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Streaming defense is a lock for me, Brendan publishes a streaming DST piece each week. I do like CAR vs NYJ

Did you sign up for this season? I show your account as inactive...?

3. dylanweber24

edited for security...

4. Kurt

Okay I've got you set up now with the email account you're currently logged into the forum with, thank you for clarifying!

I love Cousins this week.. who wouldn't? He has a better machup but they are all pretty close in term of floor. I'm doing the projections tonight so that may or may not be a huge help to you. In any event, Cousins upside is massive against the G-MEN.

With Robert Woods out I'd like to stash Sammy Watkins, he may or may not be a direct upgrade. We shall see =)

5. dylanweber24

Perfect! Thanks for the help, Kurt.

Would you rather have Watkins on your team than Perine?

I was just asking all of these questions because our waivers clear tonight at midnight so I wanted to try setting my transactions tonight before everyone beats me to it tomorrow when they've cleared and are just available FA's.

I'm going to put in a request for Carolina and dump Houston. Just looking for who to dump Thompson for.

Thanks again for all the help.

6. Kurt

I say take Perine over Watkins - his outburst was against a Saints defense that lost a strong run blocker early as well as their top DB - which forced them into zone - Perine is only worthy against weak run defenses.

If you have dead weight to drop / spare bench spot it would be worth grabbing Watkins, just to see how they use him going forward. But if you only have 1 spot, go with the RB for sure.

7. dylanweber24

Yeah Thompson and 1 of my D's would be my dead weight. So I could possibly drop the Bears for Watkins. And just roll with the Panthers.

8. Kurt

heck looking at your WR core - you might not need too =)

plus the bears have 2 or 3 nice matchups coming up!!

9. dylanweber24

Yeah but I just noticed I had my signature messed up. I actually have to start 3 WR's not 2. I updated that now. So while I do like my 3 starters my flex spot is between J. McKinnon, Robby Anderson, and who ever I pick up for Thompson. So having Perine and Watkins may not be bad options to contemplate for that Flex spot. I do think I will hang on to the Bears for now though.

Thanks for the chat!

10. dylanweber24

I didn’t get Perine or Watkins. I got Rishard Matthews. Oh well.
    I did get Carolina so I’ve got that going for me.

Kurt likes this.