Lions DT Ndamukong Suh Appeals Two-Game Suspension Without Pay

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Sweets, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The NFL suspended Detroit's All-Pro defensive tackle Tuesday for roughing up a Green Bay Packers player in front of a national television audience during a loss on Thanksgiving Day. Suh will miss Sunday night's game at New Orleans and a Dec. 11 home game against the Minnesota Vikings, with the Lions desperately trying to keep pace in the NFC playoff race, Suh won't be reinstated until Dec. 12. Suh has filed an appeal of his suspension, league sources told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora. Suh will abide by the current stipulations of his suspension while he awaits an expedited decision on his appeal, a source with knowledge of the situation told La Canfora, meaning he will not practice or go to the team facility until the appeal is decided. Sources said Suh was urged by both the NFL Players Association and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to go through the appeal process in hopes of reduced discipline. "We respect the process the league undertook in order to arrive at this decision," the Lions said in a statement before Tuesday afternoon's practice. The team will have a roster exception during Suh's suspension.

Source: NFL.com

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Good luck winning, lol.

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

so he apologizes then appeals????? awesome.

4. DaBearsrule4ever

I know i'm being captain obvious BUT Suh is only sorry until he does something dirty on the field AGAIN and then he'll apologize AGAIN. Yes, he has the right to an appeal BUT with 5 games to go, this appeal is a waste of time. Suh has no case anyway.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Way to show true contrition dude. You're not helping your image with this. Just take your medicine and grow up.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

I see the suspension being upheld anyway.

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Guys, guys, guys.... the Lions play the Saints this weekend, They need Suh to have any chance at winning. That's the ONLY reason he's appealing. Then they play the Vikes who the Lions don't need his help against. At "best" he plays this week while the appeal is being heard and he still get two games. But more then likely he plays this week and the suspension is reduced to one game the Vikes.

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Lions lose either way he might as well sit his butt take his medicine learn his lesson and come back in two weeks. I used to have respect for Suh....not anymore.

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

So if your Suh's teammate you wouldn't think less of him for not at least trying to appeal in order to help the team against the second hottest team in the league right now?

10. Dragonite

I would have punched him in the mouth after he stomped on some dude last week...

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

You or the 6'7' 275 version of you?

12. Dragonite

The 6'7 275 lb Football playing version of me :)

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Tactical move, make sense. Reducing to one game, would be awfull

14. Dragonite

I agree especially since two games was too small of a punishment to begin with.

15. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

this is par for the course with most suspensions anyways

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, i think 2 was the minimum and if the appeal takes it down to 1, a lot of people are going to have a lot of questions about the appeal decision

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Mush is exactly right. However, I don't think it gets reduced to one game...I still think he gets the full two...

18. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Didn't the NFL say the appeal process would be expedited? So his appeal will be heard Friday and he still won't be able to play against the Saints. I think that would be hilarious. He looks like a douche by appealing and still can't play.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah...if that's the case...