Lions DT Ndamukong Suh On $100K Fine: 'I Don't Change'

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by DaBears22, Sep 11, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Ndamukong Suh was slapped with a massive $100,000 fine Tuesday for an unnecessary roughness penalty in Sunday's 34-24 win over the Minnesota Vikings.

On Wednesday, the Detroit Lions pass rusher said the league-imposed punishment won't impact his aggressive style of play.

"Really you just play football, that's all I can do," Suh told reporters. "... I don't change, I'm going to always play tough, hard, that's the way I was brought up at Nebraska, where I really learned football from the Pelinis and that staff and continue to play hard, play blue-collar football."

Suh was flagged for a personal foul after barreling into Vikings center John Sullivan with a hit to the knees. Sullivan wasn't seriously hurt, but on Monday called for "consequences when guys don't respect the careers of other players."

"I think it's just, player safety is the league's concern," said Suh. "You've got to only respect it and that's one of the reasons I spoke to Sullivan as we walked into the halftime, and he understood where I was coming from. No hard feelings and same thing if he cut me so forth, so on, no hard feelings and go from there."

The $100,000 fine is the largest financial docking for an on-field violation (outside of lost suspension money) in NFL history.

Source: NFL.com

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

This eventually won't end well for Suh. Whether another team finally gets fed up and deals with it or he gets suspended

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Guess they taught him denial pretty good in Nebraska also. :icon_smile:

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Suh has 11 career personal fouls and he's just starting his 4th NFL season. If that isn't hurting your team, than I don't know what is.

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Do you know where that ranks among current players in the same time?

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

we already knew you wouldn't change suh. that's why no one likes you.

7. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:Loco::laughpound:

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd trade the 11 defensive starters from Sundays Steelers line up for Suh. Just start with Suh and Jarvis Jones.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Are there 11 still walking?

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

No...lol.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Seeing this is Ndamukong Suh we're talking about, my guess is #1 but i'm not 100% sure on that.