Los Angeles Reportedly Interested In The Falcons

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Jan 28, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Los Angeles has been starved for a professional football team for a while since the Raiders moved back to Oakland.

And with it clamoring for an NFL team to grace its presence, the city has expressed interest in the Atlanta Falcons, according to Atlanta television station Fox 5.

The report stated that two city council members met with Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed and told them that the city needs to ramp up efforts in publicly financing a proposed open air stadium. Falcons owner Arthur Blank has long been a proponent of getting a new stadium deal done.

This is likely a negotiating tactic from Blank, as it would be a surprise for the co-founder of Home Depot to move the franchise.

Source: Scout.com

2. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

What a freaking stupid article. Of course they are interested in the Falcons, and every other team in the league if there is some possible chance of them relocating.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, every time an nfl team is trying to get hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars for a new stadium, they threaten to move the team, typically to L.A. nothing really to this story right now. if the city doesn't chip in a single dime for a new stadium, it could get interesting though.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Screw them leave I don't give a heck. Bastards want to raises taxes to build a stadium and they don't have the funds for cops and firemen. But they'll build a new stadium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k5ooaufrLM]The Beatles - Money (that's what I want) ;; lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

What happened to the idea of the Chargers moving....

7. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

.....or the Jags..

8. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Won't happen. And even if it did, pretty sure the city would do something similar to the cleveland fiasco where they retained the rights to the name, records, etc.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, atlanta has never been a great sports town but there are probably a few teams that would be better to move before the falcons should move.