Mariners Can McLaren

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by ravenfan52, Jun 19, 2008.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

John McLaren was fired Thursday as manager of the Seattle Mariners, who began the season with playoff aspirations and now have the worst record in the major leagues. Bench coach Jim Riggleman will run the Mariners for the rest of their lost season, beginning Friday night in Atlanta. The Mariners made the announcement before the team left on its road trip and three days after general manager Bill Bavasi was fired. McLaren was the second manager in the majors to be fired this season -- the New York Mets dismissed Willie Randolph this week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3452336

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

About damn time...

3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

they were probabbly waiting for the mets to fire willie. so they did. so then the M's fired there manager

4. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

Did they fire Richie Sexson as well?

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Sexson should be raped every single day until the day he dies after playing like that the past 3+ years. Freaking joke of a player.

6. ravenfan52

Now, I'm not so knowledgeable about teams in baseball (other than the orioles), but last time I checked, Richie Sexon was a pretty damn good player and first baseman. I was just thinking the O's should go after him if he gets released, actually.

7. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

He was good a few years ago, but now he kinda sucks... :think:

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If you want a "slugger" who can't even hit for .210, and strikes out once every three at-bats, go ahead...take him.

9. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Were we talking about Beltre? :icon_cool:

10. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

That whole Seattle lineup is pretty crapty. Vidro was a 3-hole hitter at some point in his career, but not now.

Just a matter of time. With the way the season was going, he's probably happy to get out of there.

11. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

dont claim to be an o's fan and talk that stuff

12. ketbuckfan

That's harsh, I was just thinking some extra time in the batting cages.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Dude makes $17 Million a year for a .200 average and one strikeout every three at-bats, and not only this season, but since we signed him. I don't think I'm being harsh.

14. ketbuckfan

I know I was just being a smart butt.

15. ravenfan52

I don't claim to be a baseball fan. I claim to be an orioles fan. I don't know as much about the MLB as I do about the NFL. I also don't care as much. But I od follow the Orioles. All the time.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

What skinsfan tried to say is that Sexson sucks and no fan would ever want him in his team...