Matt Leinart Feels He Deserves Start, Understands Need To Play Terrelle Pryor

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Dec 27, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Matt Leinart is like any other quarterback in that he wants to play and not spend every week preparing for an opportunity that never comes. Yet, he’s also cognizant of the fact that the Raiders need to take a long look at second-year quarterback Terrelle Pryor at some point.

Coach Dennis Allen said he is unsure whether to start Leinart or Pryor in place of injured regular Carson Palmer on Sunday against the San Diego Chargers in the regular-season finale.

“In this situation, I deserve to play, I deserve to start,†Leinart said. “But I’m not sure what’s going to happen. … If they want to start Terrelle and evaluate him and see what he can do, then I’ll support that and I’ll help him this week and help him during the game. But if they make me the starter and stuff, I’m just going to go out there and try to capitalize on that opportunity.â€

Leinart has one game to show enough for the Raiders to bring him back for a second season as he's slated to be an unrestricted free agent after this season.

Problem is, the Raiders also have only one more game to take a long look at Pryor, a player that hasn’t played more than three snaps in any game during his two seasons with the Raiders.

“In Terrelle’s (case), he’s young, he’s had a big-time college career, and just given the unique dynamic of the situation, I don’t think they’re sure what they have in him,†Leinart said. “He hasn’t played in a game — just preseason. I do understand that football part of it and the business part of the game but I can’t control all that stuff.â€

Source: Oakland Tribune

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Leinart is a pathetic qb,he should retire and move on with his life.