McCloughan Starting To Make His Presence Felt As GM

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BoltsFanUK, Feb 23, 2008.

1. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Charger Fan in The UK

Scot McCloughan has the impressive title: 49ers general manager.
    Does he now have the fortitude to take command of the man who "made him," Mike Nolan?
    Can McCloughan comfortably stand firm as the respected face and the voice the 49ers desperately need?
    Hard to tell Thursday, when the 49ers' recently named GM met a room full of cameras and reporters at the NFL scouting combine. He fielded nearly half an hour of questions about his draft philosophy, his position on building through free agency and his thoughts on depth at various positions.

Source:

SanFrancisco Chronicle

2. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I've seen this with NWO, and it led to their ruination with 'too much power among good buddies.' Unless Mike Nolan is fired before game 8 to salvage what's left of the 49ers possible woeful season, this team is a step closer to LA. The only way to avoid a woeful season:

Good FA
    Good Draft
    WINNING your games

3. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

ummmm NWO as in New World Order as in wrasslin' as in Hulk Hogan and crew? As in sports entertainment?
    Are you seriously comparing an NFL team's GM and coach to what happens in Wrasslin'?

4. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Don't try and understand it, just smile and nod.

I hope McCloughan can make some good decisions, I really don't know how it'll be any different.

5. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

par for the course..... btw- you didn't know the NFL had writers and scripts and acted everything out accordingly?

6. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

No, I've seen this in real life too. Nolan will scratch mcCloughan's back and McCloughan will keep his job secured. Look, the real test is this: Team tanks, goes 2 and 5, do you then fire your coach or finish with another dismal record and THEN fire your coach? I would say in order not to lose anymore of the fan base, the right things better be done.

7. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

I hope you never smoke dope.....

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

wrestling ha what a joke

9. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I know you must smoke a lot of it to put up with the 49ers woeful season. Real owners fix the problem, real coaches fix the problem NOT let the problem turn the 49ers into an Arizona Cardinals team. I point out a lot of fact for I have seen it on the jobs, don't do the job, you get FIRED. Prove to me somebody is doing the job on the 49ers and maybe I'll leave.

10. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Patrick Willis

http://www.sf49ers.com/team/roster_detail.php?PRKey=126&section=TE Roster

There you go.....have a nice life, get the heck out!

11. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Ha ha, any FOOL knows Patrick Willis did something. Sorry, Beast Boy, you didn't do your homework again. Drop and give me 50!

12. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

your words not mine...you asked for it and you got it......once again you fail to live up to your word...

nobody will be surprised.....

13. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

And give you the satisfaction? I rather have the moderator do the job. Now SuperBeast, pay attention:

1) I am a 49er fan, my team, my way.
    2) I have a right to hate the coach IF he has not WON any games. Has he beaten the NFC East, South, North? 3 and 9 is not impressive and McCloughan better pay attention to our big games.
    3) I don't see why if the team does something wrong, I can't call them out on it. Hate to see how you run your company.
    4) I know who this team is: 5 time Superbowl champions and NONE of this would have been tolerated by Eddie D and Walsh already is turning over in his grave.
    5) This handle represents Walsh. You find it offensive, suggest a new name then.

14. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

]And give you the satisfaction? I rather have the moderator do the job. Now SuperBeast, pay attention:

1) I am a 49er fan, my team, my way.

Spoken like a true 5 year old spoiled brat

2) I have a right to hate the coach IF he has not WON any games. Has he beaten the NFC East, South, North? 3 and 9 is not impressive and McCloughan better pay attention to our big games.

You have the right to know Nolan has won more than "any" games

3) I don't see why if the team does something wrong, I can't call them out on it. Hate to see how you run your company.

Funny how what you think is right 90% of people think is wrong...wonder what that means, hmm?

4) I know who this team is: 5 time Superbowl champions and NONE of this would have been tolerated by Eddie D and Walsh already is turning over in his grave.

broken record syndrome

5) This handle represents Walsh. You find it offensive, suggest a new name then.

its you i don't like, not your SN....it could be "nancy boy" or "Limpwrist" or "gaypride4life" all fitting but none that would make me give a crap