McShay Top 5 NFL Prospects By Position

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by bigsexyy81, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I hate Sam Bradford

I hate Big 12 QB's

Screw.....I hate the Big 12

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

cant say i hate bradford, im not crazy about him and i dont think he should be drawing manning comparisons like he does, no way he would have gone above stafford last year imo.

to me bradford is like alex smith, just more polished in a somewhat pro system, still pretty spread but at least its not a gimmicky urban meyer one

3. Jihad Joe

JP Losman was Farve with wheels

Mobility and arm strensgth were his best attributes and he managed to do little with his arm and his mobility was invisible once he got to the NFL.

McCoy is a better prospect, and not a heck and a cat like Losman was, but IMO he is no slam dunk NFL star. That mobility may or may not amount to anything

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Bradford IMO will fail because he is your typical underhwelming physical QB that was coddled by a loaded college team his whole career. Look at how much his successors have done in the NFL

4. K Train

ok

well, mccoy has some serious wheels, im sure that will help him out. never once did i think of losman as favre with wheels lol

im saying hes got great mobility, something that pennington does not have but he lacks the arm strength and has great accuracy. I think in the right offense he could play a long successful career, he might be more like jeff garcia than anything, just more physically gifted. I dont have a conference hate as i love college football for the draft and the excitement so i dont have a hate for big 12 QBs, im saying mccoy will be more successful than bradford

i agree, oklahoma has been a pro factory lately, bradford COULD follow that trend or fail miserably....one thing about him is he CANT make all the throws, i think hes shown that too many times

5. Jihad Joe

With Bradford Im taking QB from Oklahomo. Josh Heupel (Whopel) and Jason White

With the Losman comparison, coming out Loseman was a gunslinger with a rocket Arm and excellent mobility (4.7). Living in the area Ive seen more Bills games than I care to watch, Ive never seen a QB get so little use out of a 4.7 40.

With prospects you never quite no how there tools will translate to the pro's. Loseman was a heck and a cat. McCoy's not, kids a gamer. But in the wrong system he will probobly fail as a passer, which would make his mobility almost worthless

I kinda see Orton being as a solid journeyman QB that will become a league MVP at like 33 ala Rich Gannon

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Name one Urban Meyer receiver that didn't stink it up in the NFL.

7. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

Right now the Vikings and Raiders like the ones they have.

When list come out like this I look at the OLinemen mostly. For the most part there is not a lot of movement in the rankings. There will be some with the underclassman coming out but that goes with all positions.

8. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Major bias but i hate Aaron Hernadez and thin khe is masisvly overrated. That gay little option shovel pass to him annoys the crap out of me and is the ultimate stat padder.

9. K Train

percy harvin is pure stud in every way and murphy and caldwell are playing good football

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Earl Thomas > Berry... deal with it...

It's funny how he's included.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Homer much?

12. K Train

im a little embarrassed on your behalf for being a big enough texas homer to post this garbage....i like thomas alot but berry=best DB this year or any year ive seen in my lifetime, thomas=not anything close to that

13. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Thomas is however a high first rounder when ever he comes out, and owuld be 2nd S in this clas swith ease.

I love the Texas Safeties but Eric Berry they are not

14. Football Is Everything

Football Is Everything Child Please!

[​IMG]

15. Jihad Joe

How the hell is Bradofrd #2?

And K Train......there is talk the Skins are think Colt

That would be the greatest day of my life. Colt would be an epic failure there

16. K Train

the thing is if they cant make colt brennan work in there offense, which i believe many could....i dont believe mccoy would do much better....very similar WCO prospects, but higher pedigree programs which they come from

17. Jihad Joe

Brennen is interesting because of the fact that he played in Colorado and then in a run and shoot in Hawaii. I think Brennen is the much lesser prospect, I dont think he has the moxie that McCoy does. I watched him fold in his BCS game, I just didnt see it in him. I pick Colt apart because I dont think he has the tools to be a first rounder, but the kids just a flat out player. As much of a biased as I have against the Big 12, I cant deny Colt that. I see alot of Bree's, another "noodle arm" in him. Like Bree's, he is gonna have to learn to compensate for his lack of arm strength to play the vertical game. Bree's has shown in NO that it can be done. I saw a metric during the Saints/Cowboys on Bree's deep ball passing and it was off the freaking charts. And thats a noodle arm that had shoulder surgery the year prior

My question about May's is where is he on a "coachability" level? With his ability, if he can respond to coaching he could be special. Im not saying either way because I have no idea, but consider that he is a 4 year starter at USC off all places and is "Athlete >>> Football player" it doesnt sound good

18. K Train

i live for these conversations

maybe a "lesser prospect" but brennan can ball. Ive never looked at brees as a noodle arm, hes got a big arm for a little guy....i think of pennington and mccoy as a noodle arm....very accurate, extremely accurate but not great past 20 yards. i think mccoy can be great i really do....but he needs weapons around him to make him great.

i personally think mays is a failure waiting to happen....i like scott wright, i really do but he has mays as #2 in the country behind Suh....i disagree....on NCAA 2010, sure mays can lay the boom but as a pro prospect hes no more than an lay the crush kind of guy. physical freak that will be drafted by talent and potential based on speed and animalistic capabilities but right now he is a guy that sits back 20 yards and trys to crush guys for sportscenter.....thats it

19. Jihad Joe

Well Brennen is a Redskin now, so that makes him a freaking happy.

As for May's. I dont want him, because I dont like those types of players. But with him success or failure is all about personality/character. If he can be coached, eventually he can be great. He needs to learn how to play football tho. Not guys I like, but that was Miles Austin (look at his combine numbers, they were on par with 1st round WR's). I really dont know anything about May's charator, but considering he still needs to be coached after 4 years at freaking USC.........not looking good

What do you think about alot of people saying " 1-Gerald McCoy. 2-Suh"

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So Mays goes late in the first?