McShay Top 5 NFL Prospects By Position

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by bigsexyy81, Dec 7, 2009.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

mccoy over suh is a crime....i think suh could excel in any defense. a better prospect than any 34DE or 43DT dline ive seen. like tyson jackson or richard seymour was a great 34 prospect, and julius peppers or mario williams was a great 43 prospect....but suh is a difference maker in either scheme. mccoy lacks the ability to play 34....but he could be a great undertackle in a 43

mays in the most overrated saftey ive ever seen. he WILL go in the first round but he shouldnt. you are right, 4 years at USC is not the same as 4 years at wake forest....the fact that he is still a guy that needs "coaching up" is a problem.

and im going to make fun of you about the miles austin comment....i was accepted to monmonth to play football as a LB or Dline....they do not have a great program....i wish i was still playing but thats a different story. on par numbers for a first rounder means nothing...johnny knox had those credentials and hes been a success but you know damn well last year miles austin was just as successful as issac stanbeck (stanback?)

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Doubt it

If the alleged "230 LBS with 4.2 speed" is fact he will go very high

Maybe top 10

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Thats because raw physical talent is nothing if you cant be coach. Austin was actually making play's last year until he got hurt, and he had a role ever since he was a rookie (KR). Believe it or not, in term of raw ability Stanback shames Austin, and I dont think its even close. Stanback ran a 4.6 at the combine with a broken foot. He just couldnt stay healthy. He is one of those guys that could still emerge out of nowhere.....and he is in NE now so watch out

3. K Train

4.2 has yet to be seen...ill buy 4.4, maybe even 4.3 similar to landry but 4.2?.....idk about ll that

he will suffer a draft day free fall....berry is far superior and thomas is better also imo

austin is sick, i love the guy....as a draft prospect....meh, nothing special...you see those kinds of guys come and go but you already know that. behind TO, witten, glenn, crayton (for a while) stanback and austin were nobodies

4. Jihad Joe

I dont see a free fall. look at Whitner, went a good 10 spots higher then he should have because of a 4.3. Numbers scream. Only difference is Whitner was a sound player and fairly safe pick, just got overdraft. may's has massive bust potential

5. K Train

no one would question mays size or speed....but i do think if he slips past the raiders (so cliche but way to true) i think he might plummet

6. Jihad Joe

Thats because they were raw.

A good compariosn between Mays and Austin. Austin's measurables were on par with a first round WR. His experience and polish....... a UDFA. He was an athlete, not a player. Its taken him 4 years to become an impact player. Thats why he was a UDFA. he was also well known during his career to be working with coach's during the offseason

May's is measurably on par and prolly superior to any safety outside Berry in years and maybe ever (and I think he will out combine Berry) If May's is ever anything of real substance in his career, its gonna take him a few years before he is a legit player.......and right now Im selling. If he cant spend 4 years at USC and be a player, what makes you think he will do after cashing in a top 10 pick check in the Pro's

Ala Alan Branch.....top 3 pick at the begining of draft season.

Im still saying top 10, but I could see it.

Im thinking he is Ginn, or he is Branch

My guess is Ginn because the NFL is all about speed

7. K Train

ive made it known that i love berry...and mays WILL out combine him but i dont care. mays is not anything close to polamalu...and im a notorious troy hater. berry puts mays to shame, landry did, taylor did, reed did, i just dont buy into the hype. the most classic workout warrior ive ever seen....whoever drafts him (raiders?) have their hands full...and they already failed on the huff pick

see i never bought into branch, just like i never bought into quenton moses that year...who was supposed to compete with gaines adams as the top DE if i remember correctly

8. Jihad Joe

Numbers are overrated. Jerry rice, Emmit Smith and Anquan Boldin ran 4.7's

And now the both suck

9. K Train

i know...lol, you dont have to preach that to me. i dont care about numbers in that regard....its just pure ability that i look at, and with mays i dont see it.

exactly...they both suck...which says k train is a premier talent scout to me and should be making money for it

10. Jihad Joe

You liked Spencer so heck you, altho he's starting to come on. We are notorious for developing edge rushers slow. Even Ware

11. K Train

no i loved spencer...but i think with lebeau he would have been alot more of an impact player. i know i say woodley was what the cowboys hoped spencer would be BUT i think that the gimmicky 34 the cowboys run held him back even though woodley was referred to as unblockable his very first day of training camp.

while i should be paid for my scouting abilities....i thought woodley was lazy and afraid of competition (he sat out of the senior bowl for tiny little reasons)

loved spencer though, had him or timmons as the only guys i would have been ok with at 15

carriker was NOT ok with me, and revis would have pissed me off even though he turned out to be pretty good....i just hate corners in the first unless i deem otherwise

12. Jihad Joe

I dont think of it as gimmicky. I dont like Rat inside, but its what we have to roll with. If you look at whats been available at that position since Phillips took over, the alternative is Shaun Rogers. Its a different kind of 3-4, but its one thats been around for 30 years

13. K Train

i look as the steelers 34 as being perfect (not recently but its what i know) rat on the inside makes it gimmicky, the corners play man alot, its just a little different.

the OLBs are stud, the corners play alot of man which is unorthodox, rat is a protoypical end....but so is spears, igor is just ok.

steelers play zone, hampton is a stud, smith is a stud run stuffer, keisel is a playmaker but kind of a pass rusher, harrison is a phenom in all aspects of the game (best against the run, good in coverage, great pass rusher)....woodley is a pass rusher, timmons is a coverage guy, farrrior (used) to be a hammer run stuffer....thats just my visions of a perfect 34...yes its biases, but i dont know anything else lol

14. Jihad Joe

I would call Igor more proto then Spears. IMO Spears is the guy the Giants should have waited for when they went after Canty (stoopid). Spears an play Under and over in a 4-3 and both end spots in a 3-4. I think of him as a Rex Ryan guy, who can play well in a hybrid. He would be solid across the board, but not exceptional anywhere

15. K Train

see it goes back to my soft spot for LSU linemen....i love spears, hes very similar to jackson, who i also loved.

i agree canty was an awful (and expensive) signing by the giants.

igor is ok, not great though

16. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

imo Damian Williams is at least the 3rd best WR in this class, Tebow's not in the top 5, I like Thomas at GT but he's not a top 5 WR

17. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

TE Cody Slate -- Not on the list.. should be.

18. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

If Taylor Mays runs a 4.2 then i run a 4.3

19. K Train

imo compiling a list of TEs and a list of centers are the two hardest to come up with a clear top 5 considering the 4th best center can be AQ shipley and be TERRIBLE and the 4th best TE could be cornelius ingram and go in the 5th

20. Arrelious Benn as the third best receiver? Based on what? Everybody seems to think he's going to be so much better in the pros, but look at what Demaryius Thomas has done in an offense that uses the pass so rarely they might as well not.